Sturm: Breaking down Cowboys’ Mr. Upside: ‘Fascinating’ running back Ryan Williams

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The kid went for the sell-out cut block a couple of times, and I think that's a bad technique in general mainly because if it doesn't utterly take the rusher down you are in no position to recover.

H's not afraid of contact though, and so can probably improve his technique.

It's mainly about health with this guy. I'm rooting for anyone who comes back from an injury like that, but his subsequent shoulder injury has me concerned about his carries.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's mainly about health with this guy.
This is actually my main concern with the cut blocks. Throwing your shoulder into the legs of a 260+ lb man is brutal on your shoulders and Williams has already sustained one shoulder injury in the NFL.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I hope the season on PS has helped his health and that he can stay healthy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
By the way, this would be such an awesome story if we were so remotely
Fortunate as to hit with this guy, and he were to stay healthy. Even better
Than Murray taking the league by storm last year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Is that so?

Hey [MENTION=17]ravidubey[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9]Cowboysrock55[/MENTION], about those Giants RBs being solid and ours needing to be replaced... What say you guys? Seems Bob Sturm here likes our boy Williams.
I'd take Rashad Jennings over any of our RB's right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd take Rashad Jennings over any of our RB's right now.
30 year old RB who have never rushed for 1000 yards in a season and averaged 3.8 YPC last season.

27 year old RB who has a 1000 yard rushing season to his resume and is a former top draft pick.

The more you talk about RBs the more I scratch my head.

Jiggyfly

Banned
30 year old RB who have never rushed for 1000 yards in a season and averaged 3.8 YPC last season.

27 year old RB who has a 1000 yard rushing season to his resume and is a former top draft pick.

Yeah he has become the little logic proclamation king.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Are you saying McFadden (28 by season start) is better than Jennings? Even though Jennings lapped him when they were on the same team?

Top Bottom