User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 178

Thread: 2nd Amendment

  1. #21
    Banned Jiggyfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I mean you could but the stigma about assault rifles is so bad right now that if you're seen carrying one the cops get called and they try to arrest you. That's why you get the ridiculous videos of people carrying them around trying to make a point with officers.

    Hand guns are semi automatic. I imagine you could do just as much damage with a few of those as an assault rifle.

    Again unrelated but what in the hell is the point of a gun free zone if you aren't actually going to make sure people don't have guns? It's one of the dumbest concepts.
    Agreed.

  2. #22
    Banned Jiggyfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Because the need for a militia and the need for the citizens to be able to bare arms both had to do with the ability of the people to defend their country and property.

    No one is ignoring the beginning of the sentence. We just don't really have a need for militia anymore. Just like the third Amendment is pretty useless these days. But something describing a militia doesn't describe something else just because it's in the same sentence, that would just be silly. If this was a statute and you brought your argument in front of a judge you'd be laughed out of the courtroom.
    Wait what?

    I never said the militia is describing something else, you are making up an argument I am not promoting.

    But the supreme ourt has already ruled guns are subject to regulation what part of the amendment was used for that ruling?

  3. #23
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I mean you could but the stigma about assault rifles is so bad right now that if you're seen carrying one the cops get called and they try to arrest you. That's why you get the ridiculous videos of people carrying them around trying to make a point with officers..
    If somebody is carrying around an assault rifle, the police should be called. Because actual assault rifles are fully automatic and are ALREADY ILLEGAL. Just because idiots call a semi auto rifle an assault rifle doesn't make it true. The adjustable stock, pistol/fore grips and color of an AR15 doesn't make them any more dangerous than a standard traditional semi automatic rifle.


    #blackgunsmatter

  4. The following 2 users like this post:


  5. #24
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    But the supreme ourt has already ruled guns are subject to regulation what part of the amendment was used for that ruling?
    No part of the amendment was used for that. The courts just skirt the issue by saying as long as we don't ban you from being able to own a gun, then we aren't infringing on your right to own and bear it. Honestly to some extent, the constitution sort of gets trampled by the court system. They basically ignore it in the interest of what they feel is best for society to an extent.

  6. #25
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,466
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    If somebody is carrying around an assault rifle, the police should be called. Because actual assault rifles are fully automatic and are ALREADY ILLEGAL. Just because idiots call a semi auto rifle an assault rifle doesn't make it true.
    Interesting, because I've heard the term used many times about semi automatic AR15's. But I agree with you to the extent that there is no difference between an AR15 and many other semi automatic weapons that people have no problem with. The attack on "assault rifles" has more to do with people needing to feel like something has changed after a tragedy then actual real meaningful change.

    Did anyone know the Orlando shooter had a second gun on him? I believe he was also carrying a Glock. No one really talks about that though.

  7. #26
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Interesting, because I've heard the term used many times about semi automatic AR15's. But I agree with you to the extent that there is no difference between an AR15 and many other semi automatic weapons that people have no problem with. The attack on "assault rifles" has more to do with people needing to feel like something has changed after a tragedy then actual real meaningful change.

    Did anyone know the Orlando shooter had a second gun on him? I believe he was also carrying a Glock. No one really talks about that though.
    Also the rifle he had wasn't an AR15, he had a Sig Sauer

  8. #27
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    55,193
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    If somebody is carrying around an assault rifle, the police should be called. Because actual assault rifles are fully automatic and are ALREADY ILLEGAL. Just because idiots call a semi auto rifle an assault rifle doesn't make it true. The adjustable stock, pistol/fore grips and color of an AR15 doesn't make them any more dangerous than a standard traditional semi automatic rifle.
    This is correct and one part of this debate that annoys me to no end. The actual velocity of a .308 that looks like a hunting gun with wood stock is the same velocity as a .308 that has been decked out with tactical features. But the second one is black and is all scary and stuff. #blackgunsmatter
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  9. #28
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    55,193
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Also the rifle he had wasn't an AR15, he had a Sig Sauer
    Was it fully automatic or semi?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  10. #29
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Was it fully automatic or semi?
    Semi, there's noway he could buy a full auto legally that fast

  11. #30
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,722
    Actually the gun that fires the .308 is an AR10, but the most popular caliber in that kind of gun is the .223 or NATO equivalent of 5.56, which is the AR15.

    Another tactic of the media and left is to add the scary "high powered" to the already scary sounding "assault" rifle.

    Except there is nothing "high powered" about it at all. In fact, in most states it's illegal to hunt deer with any caliber lower than .30 caliber. Because it does not have enough stopping power to humanely drop a deer. The .223/5.56 AR15 is mainly used as a target round and for varmint hunting. Think coyotes and gophers. High powered, indeed. But it is the right that loves to employ scare tactics, amirite?

    And while we're clearing up stupid but widely accepted false claims about the AR15 and AR10... AR does NOT stand for assault rifle. It stands for Armalite, the first company to manufacture that kind of weapon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •