Most dominant athletes of the last 25 years

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I can agree with your bottom 4, or at the very least see a strong argument for them, but there is NO WAY I'm putting a race car driver in a listing of top athletes. Tops at what he did? Sure. Does the guy have to be in good shape? Sure. Have good hand/eye coordination? Sure. But to list him alongside somebody like Jordan, Federer and Phelps is a joke. I struggle putting Woods in the top group of athletes, but at least what he does actually takes athletic ability. Not so much to be able to turn a steering wheel while shifting and alternately pressing on gas, clutch, and brake pedals while sitting on your ass.
I'm sorry, but if you think you could get in a F1 car and dominate without athletic ability...
These guys need to be in great shape, have great hand/eye coordination, cat like reflexes, brass balls... they are as much athletes (or more) as baseball players, golf players, long distance runners, high jumpers, olympic ping pong players, etc.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm sorry, but if you think you could get in a F1 car and dominate without athletic ability...
These guys need to be in great shape, have great hand/eye coordination, cat like reflexes, brass balls... they are as much athletes (or more) as baseball players, golf players, long distance runners, high jumpers, olympic ping pong players, etc.
I never said it didn't take special ability or that the avg guy could do it. But to think they're on the same athletic level as a Jordan or Phelps is moronic. If so, we should include Earl Anthony in the discussion. Best bowler EVAR!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, race car drivers do not belong in a best athlete discussion.

That's nonsense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never said it didn't take special ability or that the avg guy could do it. But to think they're on the same athletic level as a Jordan or Phelps is moronic. If so, we should include Earl Anthony in the discussion. Best bowler EVAR!
We should probably pull Golfers off the list by your definition.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We should probably pull Golfers off the list by your definition.
And that would be fine. I already said I have trouble putting Tiger Woods up there. But at least what they do has some semblance of an athletic move. Coupling strength and flexibility along with the eye/hand coordination. Doesn't take a whole lot of strength and flexibility to shift from 3rd to 4th gear while depressing a clutch.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
boozeman 2004-2009

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
boozeman 2004-2009
Yeah, maybe. But his quality has fallen so hard that it's hard to even remember him at the top of his game. He should have been put down years ago. It's sad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, maybe. But his quality has fallen so hard that it's hard to even remember him at the top of his game. He should have been put down years ago. It's sad.
Approach, Novice, so that you might see...

D

Deuce

All time DCC Power Rankings

1. BlueStar
2. Wolfman
3.sbk92
4. boozeman
59. dmo069
154. Jonn88
155. Iamtdg

Jiggyfly

Banned
I thought I addressed that already. He was like a boy among men out there. He pretty much did whatever he wanted in the most pressure situations. I put him right up there with Tebow and Tommie Frazier. Both were amazing players

If you go ahead and do some searched online I think you'll find that VY is a consensus top college players ever in the BCS age. It's not just me that thinks this. I know you love your Aggots so your bias must be hard to look past.
First of all I don't hate any college teams like you do the Aggies so there is no bias, I just call it like I see it and IMO he did nothing that really seperates him from the guys I mentioned.

And since when does anybody take what the internet says as gospel, we all know how big of a footprint UT followers have when it comes to pumping up there guys.

Anyway it's only an opinion and we just disagree.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You are a monster.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
All time DCC Power Rankings

1. BlueStar
2. Wolfman
3.sbk92
4. boozeman
59. dmo069
154. Jonn88
155. Iamtdg
If you're talking adaptability, productivity, and overall charisma, you can't leave extreme11 off any of these lists.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
And that would be fine. I already said I have trouble putting Tiger Woods up there. But at least what they do has some semblance of an athletic move. Coupling strength and flexibility along with the eye/hand coordination. Doesn't take a whole lot of strength and flexibility to shift from 3rd to 4th gear while depressing a clutch.
I guess that's why you see so many John Daly's winning in the F1 circuit...

D

Deuce

If you're talking adaptability, productivity, and overall charisma, you can't leave extreme11 off any of these lists.
He's definitely in the DCC HOF, but I also docked him points for the selfish nature of refusing to post more, seriously. The knowledge and insight that could have been shared would have been infinite.

Top Bottom