User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 dead in mass shooting at Gay Night Club in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Apparently the shooter's father is a television personality for an Afghan public access channel out of California. He has praised the Taliban and proclaimed himself the rightful President of Afghanistan.

This begs the question, why is there a pro-Taliban public access channel allowed to operate out of California?
    Free speech. Same reason white supremacist message boards and Ku Klux Klan marches are allowed to proceed uninhibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Apparently the shooter's father is a television personality for an Afghan public access channel out of California. He has praised the Taliban and proclaimed himself the rightful President of Afghanistan.

This begs the question, why is there a pro-Taliban public access channel allowed to operate out of California?
    Free country, dood.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Free speech. Same reason white supremacist message boards and Ku Klux Klan marches are allowed to proceed uninhibited.
    I guess I am just surprised that in this era of what LT says are temporary emergency measures used to monitor everyone, a pro-enemy tv channel hasn't had everyone involved with it ripped apart by investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Islam is by nature homophobic, as are evangelical Christians. I fail to understand why people are trying to define this attack.
    Because evangelicals aren't blowing up and mowing down their prohibitions.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Radical evangelics have not resorted to violence?

Well how about that.

I think Islam is still a young man's religion. The rapidly aging Christian population is not mostly of the age to go spree shooting. Although there seems to be a heavy Christian influence in the violent aspects of the pro life movement.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Radical evangelics have not resorted to violence?

Well how about that.
    Maybe you can find something but it's pretty rare. Only thing that comes to mind for me is some incidents with abortion clinics a few years back. I don't think Evangelicals have a word for jihad.
    Since Day One

Maybe you can find something but it's pretty rare. Only thing that comes to mind for me is some incidents with abortion clinics a few years back. I don't think Evangelicals have a word for jihad.
    Crusade. Don't forget that the Klan flew the Christian flag.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Crusade. Don't forget that the Klan flew the Christian flag.
    Get real. Hardly classified as Evangelicals. Does anyone really want to compare Evangelicals with extremest Muslim terrorist? Other than just chain yanking of course.
    Since Day One

Get real. Hardly classified as Evangelicals. Does anyone really want to compare Evangelicals with extremest Muslim terrorist? Other than just chain yanking of course.
    I would say that you could describe Klansmen as extremist Christians. Who were quite capable of terrorism. I wouldnt equate mainstream Christianity with the KKK, any more than I'd equate Islam with ISIS.