User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: 50 dead in mass shooting at Gay Night Club in Orlando

  1. #11
    Banned townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I heard that the Islamic Nation was taking credit for the shooting.
    ISIS does that. They'd take credit for an earthquake.

  2. #12
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,541
    (CNN)The gunman who killed 50 people at an Orlando nightclub pledged allegiance to ISIS and mentioned the Boston bombing in a 911 call, according to a U.S. official.

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...r-omar-mateen/

  3. #13
    Banned townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    (CNN)The gunman who killed 50 people at an Orlando nightclub pledged allegiance to ISIS and mentioned the Boston bombing in a 911 call, according to a U.S. official.

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...r-omar-mateen/
    Sounds like the same thing that happened in San Bernadino.

  4. #14
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,417
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    ISIS does that. They'd take credit for an earthquake.
    Nation of Islam is Isis? Isn't that a generic name for them? I wonder what affiliation it is.
    Last edited by L.T. Fan; 06-12-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    Since Day One

  5. #15
    Banned townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Nation of Islam is Isis? Isn't that a generic name for them? I wonder what affiliation it is.
    Nation of Islam is actually a black Islamic movement, Famously led by Malcolm X, ISIS or ISIL also refer to themselves as the Islamic state.
    They're also referred to as Daesh. Which means something like zealot/extremist, apparently they hate it, which is a good reason to adopt the term.

  6. #16
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,417
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Nation of Islam is actually a black Islamic movement, Famously led by Malcolm X, ISIS or ISIL also refer to themselves as the Islamic state.
    They're also referred to as Daesh. Which means something like zealot/extremist, apparently they hate it, which is a good reason to adopt the term.
    That's correct. ISIS is Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. That is what confused me about the news report because the way it was reported when I heard it said the Islamic State which seemed to imply the domestic group.
    Since Day One

  7. #17
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,417
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    That's correct. ISIS is Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. That is what confused me about the news report because the way it was reported when I heard it said the Islamic State which seemed to imply the domestic group.
    I think the report actually said Islamic Nation.
    Since Day One

  8. #18
    Banned townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I think the report actually said Islamic Nation.
    Could have been a mistake during a rush. I suspect news organizations have been scrambling today.

  9. #19
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    48,025
    Islam is by nature homophobic, as are evangelical Christians. I fail to understand why people are trying to define this attack.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Kbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,055
    Apparently the shooter's father is a television personality for an Afghan public access channel out of California. He has praised the Taliban and proclaimed himself the rightful President of Afghanistan.

    This begs the question, why is there a pro-Taliban public access channel allowed to operate out of California?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •