Deflategate report is out...

Carp

DCC 4Life
He'd obviously been ordering deflated balls for awhile. The "deflator", as the guy called himself, seemed to be tired of Brady's shit. So it seems that this had been going on for awhile.

So while it may not have impacted that particular game, there's no telling how long he's been doing this. How has this helped? He's able to make a more accurate throw with a ball that he can grip better, fitting the ball right on the money. You don't even need to have great WRs when that is the case. How long have they gone without addressing the WR position? Before Moss and after, it hasn't been a deal for them. He makes them better because he's cool under pressure and he throws an accurate ball. Why is he so accurate? Wrinkly balls.
There was something on PFT that AJ Feeley and Miami felt that Brady and the Pats were doctoring footballs...why it took someone 11 years to report it shows me that teams did not care until they started winning.

D

Deuce

There was something on PFT that AJ Feeley and Miami felt that Brady and the Pats were doctoring footballs...why it took someone 11 years to report it shows me that teams did not care until they started winning.
Maybe then it was just throwing out accusations in the middle of the week when the league can't do anything. This they have evidence with an Indy player making a pick and taking the ball with him to their sideline until they could turn it in.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aaron Rodgers likes them overinflated.
Yeah I heard that on the radio actually just a little bit ago. I'd still side with the 31 other NFL QBs who don't prefer an overinflated football. Rodgers is just an odd duck.

Besides like others have mentioned. If it wasn't such a big deal I doubt Brady would have had his guys sneak off with the footballs after they are checked to let air out of them. That's a lot of work and risk for something that doesn't give him any competitive advantage.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maybe then it was just throwing out accusations in the middle of the week when the league can't do anything. This they have evidence with an Indy player making a pick and taking the ball with him to their sideline until they could turn it in.
How do we know that the Colts did not deflate it?

D

Deuce

Not sure when they notified the officials, but it was pretty apparent something was going on with how the LB ran off the field with the ball. It looked strange from the start.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They were winning back then.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I heard that whole interview with Feely. he said that he was talking with Sage Rosenfels about it and they felt like something on funny was going on. Because they were always giving Jay Fiedler, the Dolphins starter, a brand new ball. but they were giving Brady the same old ball that Brady had been playing with all game.

So Feely brought it up to the Dolphins coaches, and they shrugged it off saying it didn't really matter. when he tried to ask the ball boy about it, the ball boy just gave him kind of a knowing smile.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
even if the Colts did, there were 10 other Patriot balls that were also deflated that the Colts never touched. That incriminates the Patriots pretty strongly.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
And? I don't give a shit if one QB likes it overinflated, and another likes it underinflated. The point is, Brady obviously likes them underinflated, and it is OUTSIDE THE PARAMETERS SET BY THE RULES. And yeah, if you can get a better grip on a ball, especially a cold or wet one, it is obviously an advantage. And has been stated by numerous players, not just QBs. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

And intentionally injuring somebody is a whole other thing and has absolutely nothing to do with this. Hey, did you know that sometimes defenses try to mimic the offenses cadence to try and fuck them up? Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with this, either.
Other attempts to break the rules to gain a competitive advantage and their penalties do have bearing because this is a much more serious penalty for a much less serious violation.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Other attempts to break the rules to gain a competitive advantage and their penalties do have bearing because this is a much more serious penalty for a much less serious violation.
One of the examples you gave was uniform violations. I stopped taking you serious right about then.

I wish they would shut up about Tom Brady on NFL Network, they haven't stopped since last week!! Good Lord give it a rest!!

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And now, Comrade Goodell is handling the appeal. I'm sure this will end well.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
One of the examples you gave was uniform violations. I stopped taking you serious right about then.
Another example I gave was injuring people like Ndamukong Suh stomping on Aaron Rodgers' leg. You want to tell me that deflating footballs so slightly that the refs that spot the ball every down didn't notice is more serious than that? That's where I stop taking you seriously.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Another example I gave was injuring people like Ndamukong Suh stomping on Aaron Rodgers' leg. You want to tell me that deflating footballs so slightly that the refs that spot the ball every down didn't notice is more serious than that? That's where I stop taking you seriously.
So you're trying to tell us that Suh stomping on Rodger's leg during the game, while emotions and adrenaline are running high, is the same thing as a premeditated violation of the rules to gain a competitive advantage.

Do referees grip the footballs like a QB would when getting ready to throw a pass? You trying to spin the excuse of a referee holding the ball as being the same as a QB handling them is almost as retarded as the Patriots trying to spin the name of "The Deflator" as the guy talking about his weight loss. Almost.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"The Deflator" as the guy talking about his weight loss.
Just wanted to comment on this because it's absolutely hilarious to me. The Patriots organization is acting like a child with this shit. Do they really expect anyone to believe this stuff? It just makes them look like even bigger idiots and babies. If the dumbasses would have admitted from the start that they deflated the balls slightly and just owned up to their shit the punishment wouldn't have been nearly as severe.

Instead they have been pounding their chests. Claiming that the league is going to apologize to them. Making up ridiculous stuff to cover up what they did and now the league brought the hammer down. This is how you prevent teams from cheating. You punish them severely so they don't do it again.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So you're trying to tell us that Suh stomping on Rodger's leg during the game, while emotions and adrenaline are running high, is the same thing as a premeditated violation of the rules to gain a competitive advantage.

Do referees grip the footballs like a QB would when getting ready to throw a pass? You trying to spin the excuse of a referee holding the ball as being the same as a QB handling them is almost as retarded as the Patriots trying to spin the name of "The Deflator" as the guy talking about his weight loss. Almost.
Emotions running high? Bullshit. You punch a guy, or hit a player helmet to helmet, that's heat of the moment. When you stomp a guy's leg while he's down on the ground and the play is over, you're trying to injure the opposing team's best player to gain a competitive advantage.

One is dangerous and gains a serious advantage. The other isn't and amounts to either a .001% advantage or just superstition, depending on whom you ask.

Another example, the slap on the wrist Atlanta got for piping in fake crowd noise. That was a spygate level rule violation and on top of that the competitive advantage of crowd noise is well known and established. You didn't see them getting nearly the penalties the Pats got, just because the Falcons suck and are irrelevant.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Emotions running high? Bullshit. You punch a guy, or hit a player helmet to helmet, that's heat of the moment. When you stomp a guy's leg while he's down on the ground and the play is over, you're trying to injure the opposing team's best player to gain a competitive advantage.

One is dangerous and gains a serious advantage. The other isn't and amounts to either a .001% advantage or just superstition, depending on whom you ask.

Another example, the slap on the wrist Atlanta got for piping in fake crowd noise. That was a spygate level rule violation and on top of that the competitive advantage of crowd noise is well known and established. You didn't see them getting nearly the penalties the Pats got, just because the Falcons suck and are irrelevant.
You have no idea what the hell is going on in some guys mind and you just sound stupid trying to say you do. That and your .001% make you look even more stupid than normal. And that's saying a lot.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You have no idea what the hell is going on in some guys mind and you just sound stupid trying to say you do. That and your .001% make you look even more stupid than normal. And that's saying a lot.
You're resorting to name calling over and over, which makes you look exactly as stupid as you always do.

If Aaron Rodgers likes the football overly inflated and Tom Brady likes it less inflated and they both put up amazing passing numbers, I don't see the big advantage. You don't either, you're just trying to win a shouting match on the internet.

Top Bottom