NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love him, but I loved him more when I thought he was 6'6-6'7 or so. It's going to be hard to be more than a role player in this league with his skill set at 6'4.
I think he is strong enough to play SF and could easily be a SG. He has crazy long arms and actually has a higher standing reach than Jimmy Butler, Harrison Barnes, and Gordon Hayward.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I love him, but I loved him more when I thought he was 6'6-6'7 or so. It's going to be hard to be more than a role player in this league with his skill set at 6'4.
Depnds on how his handle develops I can see him being a poor mans Wade.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He doesn't have the quickness or explosiveness of a Wade.
He is close though...he is quick to the rim and ferocious when going to the basket. He shot at a decent clip from 3 point range too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If the Sixers pick 3rd I hope they take Winslow...if they end up with the 1st pick I hope they trade down with one of the teams that picks 2nd or 3rd for additional picks and then take Winslow.
They need a PG. Replace Winslow with D'Angelo Russell and then I like your scenarios.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Great comeback by the Rockets or an epic meltdown by the Clippers?

Probably a bit of both. Rockets never gave up and just stayed aggressive and started knocking down baskets left and right.

The offensive meltdown by the Clips was unreal. Forget not being able to hit shots, they couldnt even run a functional offense. They just looked completely lost.

You don't recover from losses like that, so I fully expect a Rockets win in game 7.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
If the Sixers pick 3rd I hope they take Winslow...if they end up with the 1st pick I hope they trade down with one of the teams that picks 2nd or 3rd for additional picks and then take Winslow.
No.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That's if the Sixers pick 3rd or 4th. If 5th then Winslow is an option.

If they win lottery have to take KAT. It's a no-brainer. If they get 2nd take who they think is best PG. Not a huge Okafor fan.

Hezonja is an interesting prospect. Athletic and cocky.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They need a PG. Replace Winslow with D'Angelo Russell and then I like your scenarios.
The Sixers need talent across the board, so to just be locked in on a PG is not the way to go. The holes at SG and SF are just as glaring as PG. I like Russell, but I like Winslow much more.

Also, if they want to get back into the first round that will not be an issue...then draft a guy like Jones or Rozier.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Sixers need talent across the board, so to just be locked in on a PG is not the way to go. The holes at SG and SF are just as glaring as PG. I like Russell, but I like Winslow much more.

Also, if they want to get back into the first round that will not be an issue...then draft a guy like Jones or Rozier.
I don't think it's just locking on to a position. I think Russell will be a very good to great PG, and will fit nicely with the young talent they already have with Noel and Embid. The two big guys at the top I like, but not as much with what we already have. And imo, Russell is about a safe a bet as there is. I like that other PG at the top, too. His name slips my mind right now, but he's been playing in China.

Edit: Yeah, Mudiay. I didn't see Tony's post before submitting this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's just locking on to a position. I think Russell will be a very good to great PG, and will fit nicely with the young talent they already have with Noel and Embid. The two big guys at the top I like, but not as much with what we already have. And imo, Russell is about a safe a bet as there is. I like that other PG at the top, too. His name slips my mind right now, but he's been playing in China.

Edit: Yeah, Mudiay. I didn't see Tony's post before submitting this.
Winslow fits what the Sixers are looking for now...a defensive minded athlete. I just have a preference of Winslow over him. Can't really give an honest opinion on Mudiay because really no one here has seen him play.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
James Harden is doing it again.

How you let Reddick D you up like that?

Rockets will let a close game slip away late if James doesn't grow a pair and start getting aggressive.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
WTF is James Harden doing?

Instead of demanding the ball and killing off the Clippers, he's got back to back passes that lead to 4 Clippers points.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
WTF is James Harden doing?

Instead of demanding the ball and killing off the Clippers, he's got back to back passes that lead to 4 Clippers points.
Your tears are delicious....

J/k

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Your tears are delicious....

J/k
I'm pulling for the Rockets, but I know they aren't going to go all the way if their MVP doesn't stop being so passive.

He has got to be more aggressive and put his stamp on games.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jiggy, no big deal since we didn't have championship aspirations.

Besides, you'll be sitting on the couch next to us after the Spurs do away with you.

Rockets are among the league worst in turnovers and free throw shooting, and you're nit beating the Spurs or any other elite team in the playoffs with that combination of flaws.
Is that couch comfy.:lol

Top Bottom