Casserly: Joey Bosa could be answer for Dallas Cowboys

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Isn't Dodd the one year wonder?
Buckner was considered a 1st round lock last year too IIRC.
Dodd was on the radar but really seemed to blow up after his performance in the playoffs. Prior to that most of the focus was on his teammate Shaq Lawson.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Somebody please explain the insane Jack love?

Is it his cool name?

Is it that he played RB?

I watch him play and just don't see impact worthy of what some have as the top prospect in the draft. Am I looking at the same plays?

It's another red flag that he played at 228 and weighed in at the combine at 245. Will he be half the player 20 pounds heavier? Did he pull a Merriman to gain that weight?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Is it his cool name?

Is it that he played RB?

I watch him play and just don't see impact worthy of what some have as the top prospect in the draft. Am I looking at the same plays?

It's another red flag that he played at 228 and weighed in at the combine at 245. Will he be half the player 20 pounds heavier? Did he pull a Merriman to gain that weight?
He is like a freak and stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't Dodd the one year wonder?
Buckner was considered a 1st round lock last year too IIRC.
He isn't what I would call a one year wonder at all but he certainly blew up this season. He went from 4 sacks last year to 10.5 this season for his first double digit sack year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Jack had ran a 4.5 at 240ish I would have no problem with projecting the athleticism he showed in college to the NFL but the fact that he has not ran a 40 at all is concerning. He certainly did freakish things in college as far as his coverage ability but you do have to wonder what his weight was in college vs. now.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Is it his cool name?

Is it that he played RB?

Are you going to keep asking that same question over and over again, we get it you don't like him.

I can ask the same question about Bruckner, yet you love him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If Jack had ran a 4.5 at 240ish I would have no problem with projecting the athleticism he showed in college to the NFL but the fact that he has not ran a 40 at all is concerning. He certainly did freakish things in college as far as his coverage ability but you do have to wonder what his weight was in college vs. now.
He had a 40' vert at his pro day I read, I think that is more impressive than a 40 time.

Also the medicals.

But I don't understand why he would not run one.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I don't get Jack or Buckner. I think the medicals on Jack are disqualifying at 4, and if RB is a generally devalued position, non-rush LBs have to fall in the same category.
While the measurables are there for Buckner, I'm neither overwhelmed with the talent nor convinced he's a good scheme fit for us.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't get Jack or Buckner. I think the medicals on Jack are disqualifying at 4, and if RB is a generally devalued position, non-rush LBs have to fall in the same category.
While the measurables are there for Buckner, I'm neither overwhelmed with the talent nor convinced he's a good scheme fit for us.
I dislike the "scheme fit" nonsense that's hit the league since the 3-4 again became prevalent. A guy is good or he isn't, period. People, especially system defensive coaches, who adhere to this "he's not a 3 technique" philosophy religiously are flat out posers.

I like the Parcells philosophy, give me a big talented player over a smaller one.

I think Buckner has the combination of size, athleticism, and power to make a difference for a long time. Players don't gain stats in a vacuum. Pass rushers need talented players around them to succeed.

Buckner is one of those talented players that makes everyone else better. You don't notice his stats directly, but the entire defense benefits or suffers his presence/absence. The addition of both Buckner and Thornton would greatly change the entire defense.

Jack is hilarious. ESPN had a mock draft the other night where they had Jack going to the Cowboys at 4, and they showed highlight after highlight of him running the football and nothing else. I just about laughed out loud.

Fuck the freaks, draft a real football player.

Elliott just makes too much for Dallas to draft so they are just going to outsmart themselves and pass on him for a pick they think makes them look smart.

Top Bottom