NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Its been a good run.
Yea, they did some really good things and had a fine season. They've just run into a better team and it shows.

I think it's important they keep both Josh Smith and Brewer, and I'm sure it won't be too difficult since the players should also have a mutual interest to return.

They need to get themselves a real PG, because Beverley isn't it. Getting D-Mo back will help too. Next season is about building on this one by cutting down on the turnovers and improving the overall defense.

Again, their biggest need is a legit PG. Make those improvements, and there's no reason why they can't be a top 4 team in the NBA again.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Harden has had a coming out party this playoffs, this team fully healthy is going to be interesting next year.

This will be a important offseason balancing the team chemistry and making that last tweak is going to make all the difference.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Harden comes up short far too often in big games.

That performance was pathetic.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Go Warriors.

So damn tired of seeing Lebron choreograph himself into favorable personnel situations or convince other players to come be ring chasers, he deserves to lose.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Something had to be done, the situation was too toxic between management and Thibs and the dysfunction leaked down to the players on the court, I could clearly see all year that something wasn't right. Still doesn't mean I absolve the front office, it's their fault the situation got to this point in the first place, they are spiteful and petty, and Thibs is a proud guy, even if he's stubborn to his own detriment.

Thibs definitely ran players into the ground, pushed too hard, and didn't seem to have any of the philosophical type of view on coaching that the greats like Jackson, Riley and Popovich have. Those guys have a macro view of the game, seasons, the playoffs, matchups, how to manage players, etc. while Thibs on the other hand is basically just a grinder who seems narrowly focused on just pushing players to give 110% all the time. That works in the short-term but it has an expiration date on it in the NBA.

Despite all of that, and the fact that I'm fine moving on from him from a pure basketball standpoint, I still absolutely hate the way the Bulls organization is ran. You can see the pettiness in the statement Reinsdorf released regarding the firing. They are insistent on the focus/praise going to the "organization", the front office and management basically, and seemingly aren't happy unless the players and coach, the "employees", are completely subservient and docile.

All you have to know about these fools is that they had to have their arms twisted to pay the GOAT, and unnecessarily broke up one of the greatest dynasties of all time a year or two early because of the same type of petty, personal in-fighting between management and its "employees".

Long story short, fuck Reinsdorf and the culture he fosters.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems like Hoiberg and Gentry are the top candidates. Underwhelming.

D

Deuce

I'm happy the Magic picked up Skiles and it seems the locals agree. He did a good job in Chicago with barely above average talent and he's the hard nosed kind of guy who could get a lot of out of a young, defensive minded team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What are you basing this on? Certainly not his track record.
What he has done as a assistant for one, do you see the jump Golden State made.

All of his head coaching jobs had bad rosters and injuries, he had a good record with the Suns before Amare kept getting hurt.

He was also decent in Detroit, most of his jobs have been interim which is never a great situation. there is a reason he is highly respected around the NBA.

Maybe he is just not head coaching material but I would take a chance on him if I was looking to get an offensive minded coach.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Harden comes up short far too often in big games.

That performance was pathetic.
Harden appears to be one of those guys who doesn't have a natural killer instinct. And when you also consider how poorly and passively he played in the 2012 Finals it kind of makes you wonder if Harden has the guts to carry a team to the Finals.

That said, I think he can definitely grow into it over time. Remember Lebron went through a similar stage in his career where we questioned his ability to step up when the stakes were high.

To Harden's credit he was arguably the best player on the floor in 3 of those 5 games. He just has to bring that same intensity and effort into every game. It felt like he was far too passive and casual, possibly trying to allow the game to come to him in the other 2 games.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am warming more and more to Russell or Mudiay over Winslow. Russell has the better outside shot, but Mudiay seems like he can get to the rim at will.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think I've ever watched an NBA Finals where I've been completely neutral but that will be the case in this series.

I wouldn't mind seeing either team win.

I guess I'll go Warriors in 6.

MVP will be Steph Curry.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Very exciting half of basketball so far.

Even saw something that I've never seen before. Bogut's dumb ass was set up for a beautiful alley-oop. There was no one within 5 feet of him....he's WIDE open.

So what does he do....while in midair instead of throwing it down like 100% of players in the NBA have done since the conception of the league, this fool kicks the ball out to a shooter while in midair. :picard

I don't give a damn if you do have Klay Thompson and Steph Curry spotted up for wide open looks, under no circumstance should you turn down a gimme 2 points in the first half of a close game. I could excuse it of they were down 3 late in the game with only a few seconds left but obviously that wasn't the scenario tonight.

Very entertaining game though.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hell of a game. The only flaw in Lebron's game tonight was on the final shot of regulation. I hate that he settled for long 3 point attempt instead of taking the ball strong to the hole and possibly drawing a foul.

What made it worse is that they ran that after coming out of a timeout. That was some Scott Brooks play calling.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have to give Iguodola props....he righted the ship for the Warriors when the game started to get away from them in the 2nd quarter.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think I've ever watched an NBA Finals where I've been completely neutral but that will be the case in this series.

I wouldn't mind seeing either team win.

I guess I'll go Warriors in 6.

MVP will be Steph Curry.
I may be in the minority, but I feel like these two teams are a godsend for the NBA. It's been a long time since there were two teams in the finals that did not regularly get there. I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, heat,in the finals. I'd be more than happy to see either of these teams win this year. I lean towards the Warriors, but even with LeBron it would be fun to see Cleveland finally win something.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am warming more and more to Russell or Mudiay over Winslow. Russell has the better outside shot, but Mudiay seems like he can get to the rim at will.
I think Russell is such a good fit for the Sixers right now, it's insane.but honestly I don't think you can go wrong in this top 3.the only thing about mudiay is its so hard to project how good he can be based on his body of work. I think he could be pretty good, but I'd hate to take that type of risk in the top 3 considering who else will still be on the board. As for Winslow, I worry about how his game translates to the NBA given his height.

Top Bottom