MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Detwiler was skipped in the rotation for some extra side work with Maddox. Since then he has been effective. Guess they need to take every batter and do the same.

Rev

Staff member
Since you switched allegiances to the Astros, the Rays have broke out of their batting funk against the BoSox. Keep up the good work.
Don't worry. You will go back in it as you get to face Nick Martinez.

Rev

Staff member
Don't doubt the curse of Revs rooting. It has only failed 5 times in my life.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We finally won two in a row. WS here we come!

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and we don't have the worst record in the AL, so that's good.

D

Deuce

Interested to see reaction from [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] tonight.

Nathan Karns straight up dominated the Rangers for his best start of the year.

Now, do I get a middle finger flip or a RRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEERRRSSSSS

Rev

Staff member
Interested to see reaction from [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] tonight.

You will get neither. You are facing Gallardo and a bunch of rule 5 journeymen. In other words I expect to lose games that Gallardo pitches.

Rev

Staff member
Same with games pitched by Detwiler and Wandy.

Cotton

Staff member

I'm just happy we don't have the worst record in the AL anymore.

Rev

Staff member
Ol' Suck Ass with another good outing.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Your boy Syndergaard didn't have great results in his first career start [MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION], but he's going to be a good one. I know he has nasty stuff. Did you get to see this game?

The HRs are finally starting to come for Kris Bryant. He hit another one tonight off of a reliever (named Hansel?! :gay), his 3rd in 4 games after not hitting one his first few weeks up. He singled and tripled off of Syndergaard. His OBP is great so far. So is Rizzo's, who is having a hell of a year so far too. Castro is playing well, Soler and Rusell are showing flashes...the Cubs just need more damn pitching. Especially in the bullpen, which is a weakness. They finally got Justin Grimm back and Neil Ramirez should be back within a couple of weeks, so that should help but they still need to bring in a couple more reliable pen arms.

Cubs and Mets are definitely on the rise in the NL.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Your boy Syndergaard didn't have great results in his first career start [MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION], but he's going to be a good one. I know he has nasty stuff. Did you get to see this game?

The HRs are finally starting to come for Kris Bryant. He hit another one tonight off of a reliever (named Hansel?! :gay), his 3rd in 4 games after not hitting one his first few weeks up. He singled and tripled off of Syndergaard. His OBP is great so far. So is Rizzo's, who is having a hell of a year so far too. Castro is playing well, Soler and Rusell are showing flashes...the Cubs just need more damn pitching. Especially in the bullpen, which is a weakness. They finally got Justin Grimm back and Neil Ramirez should be back within a couple of weeks, so that should help but they still need to bring in a couple more reliable pen arms.

Cubs and Mets are definitely on the rise in the NL.
I think there is a reason why Syndergaard pitched against the Cubs...they have been linked together as trade partners for a long time. Alderson has a real affinity for Russell, but not sure he is willing to give up more than Syndergaard for him.

We really struggle scoring runs, but the bad part is that really the only place we can upgrade offensively is SS...and Flores is hitting good, just can't field.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Twins have no problem scoring runs, and need pitching.

Let's talk.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think there is a reason why Syndergaard pitched against the Cubs...they have been linked together as trade partners for a long time. Alderson has a real affinity for Russell, but not sure he is willing to give up more than Syndergaard for him.

We really struggle scoring runs, but the bad part is that really the only place we can upgrade offensively is SS...and Flores is hitting good, just can't field.
The Chicago Sun-Times recently ran another article about a potential Cubs/Mets trade. It is a pretty pointless article for the most part, save for the "It'll happen at some point" quote from GM Jed Hoyer. Here is the article:

Young stars aligned for Cubs-Mets deal? 'It'll happen at some point,' Hoyer says
Posted: 05/12/2015, 12:11am | Gordon Wittenmyer

The Mets need hitting — in particular, a hitting shortstop. The Cubs like the Mets’ young pitching. A lot.

Obviously, there’s a deal waiting to happen, right? As former Cub manager Dale Sveum might say, “kind of a no-brainer.”

Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer acknowledged as much as the Cubs’ opened a four-game series against the Mets at Wrigley Field on Monday, saying the Cubs’ fourth-year front office and the Mets’ fifth-year regime have discussed trades.

“We haven’t made a deal yet, but there’s been matches that made sense, and I’m sure we’ll talk to them in the future,” said Hoyer, who has a relationship with Mets player-development executive Paul DePodesta going back to their time together in the Padres’ front office.

Cubs president Theo Epstein and Mets GM Sandy Alderson also have a good relationship.

“I guess when you factor in the hitting and the pitching, I guess people think it’s unusual,” Hoyer said of the fact the teams haven’t hooked up on a trade.

“But it’ll happen at some point.”

The Cubs talked about minor-league right-hander Noah Syndergaard last year while he struggled at Class AAA Las Vegas, but with Syndergaard looking like a stud again and joining the Mets’ rotation for his big-league debut Tuesday, don’t count on that.

And don’t expect a deal that sends Starlin Castro to Queens anytime soon, despite the flurry of rumors about such a deal throughout last summer and into the offseason.

Those rumors reached boiling heat in August when the Cubs went to New York six weeks after acquiring touted shortstop prospect Addison Russell from the Athletics in the Jeff Samardzija deal.

But the Mets aren’t interested, certainly not at anything close to the return the Cubs would need.

More likely, it could be something involving Javy Baez, who has played some shortstop since rejoining Class AAA Iowa on April 30. He has played well enough that one evaluator said he looked better at that position than Castro and Russell.

One problem with any Baez deal is that the Cubs would be selling low at this point, at least until the big-swinging slugger shows some control for an extended period in his swing and the strike zone.

That still might not be enough to swing one of the big arms from the Mets’ stable. They haven’t seemed willing to part with any of their top young arms, a stance that looked especially wise when the team learned this spring that Zack Wheeler would miss the season after Tommy John surgery.

The Mets, who rank near the bottom of the league in offensive production, might yet seek more hitting, especially if their strong start holds up into the July trading period.

Until then, talk figures to be pretty cheap.

Rev

Staff member
Rangers bullpen is killing them. They are finally hitting again but I think this bullpen is trying to keep them from .500. They moved one of their top pitching prospects out of the rotation to the bullpen at AAA so may get some relief.... pun intended.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cubs sweep a 4 game series from the Mets. :fistpump

They had to come from behind to win again today. It has been a long time since I've had any confidence that this team can still come back and win when they fall behind by multiple runs. Great rebound after losing 3 of 4 to St. Louis and 2 of 3 to the miserable Brewers.

Carp

DCC 4Life
God dammit...we need Wright and D'Arnaud back badly.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
God dammit...we need Wright and D'Arnaud back badly.
That lineup is not great with those guys in it, but it looks pretty pathetic without them. Yet they still managed 5 runs off of sorry ass Travis Wood today. He needs to lose his rotation spot ASAP. He is terrible. I think once Tsuyoshi Wada has another rehab start or two under his belt he might get a shot at taking Wood's spot.

Top Bottom