User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Music Recommendations

  1. #11
    Amateur football god Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    45,489
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    He called my attention to them, so therefore, he gets credit.

    Then again, that was probably before I even acknowledged your existence.

    Like I said it was DCC II or III
    You mother...
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  2. #12
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    You mother...
    Back in the old days...

    Me===><===You

  3. #13
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,806
    D'Angelo was a popular 90's R&B artist, but he has completely reinvented himself and his last album was heavily influenced by Prince. That resulted in him winning his first Grammy award.

    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  4. #14
    Amateur football god Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    45,489
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Back in the old days...

    Me===><===You
    Yeah, I had a rough go of it for awhile. Thanks for being that back up, you heartless bastard.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  5. #15
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Yeah, I had a rough go of it for awhile. Thanks for being that back up, you heartless bastard.
    I take the same approach with my children.

    I can give them advice, but when they screw up and lose their way, I can help them pick up the pieces.

    With love and head noogies.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,115
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I remember back on DCC II or maybe III, you suggested stuff like this and I have been listening ever since:



    Never would have heard or considered them, as I am not a music buff that seeks out new stuff all the time.

    I don't listen to radio either, so I couldn't tell you who the eff is really good right now.

    I kind of stumble upon stuff or let Spotify do the work for me when I am in the mood.

    Cool, I'm glad, that song is awesome.

    Here's a fun fact that Iamtdg probably doesn't know: Pull Me Under is about Hamlet.

  7. #17
    Amateur football god Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    45,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Cool, I'm glad, that song is awesome.

    Here's a fun fact that Iamtdg probably doesn't know: Pull Me Under is about Hamlet.
    You are wrong. I do know that. I also know all the band members have PHDs in music theory.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  8. #18
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    You are wrong. I do know that. I also know all the band members have PHDs in music theory.
    I just looked it up and even one of the band members said something about it being related to Hamlet.

  9. #19
    Amateur football god Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    45,489
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I just looked it up and even one of the band members said something about it being related to Hamlet.
    It is about Hamlet. I wasn't debating that fact. I was debating the idea that I might not know this fact.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  10. #20
    Senior Member E_D_Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,927
    I kind of like this band. Has a bit of a 90s throwback feel to them. This particular song feels an awful lot like a Built To Spill song to me.



    I think this may have been kind of a hit but I don't listen to the radio much at all. Good song. Not necessarily representative of their overall musical style though.



    Cool song by indie rock vets. Hadn't heard it in a long time but listened to it again recently and remembered how good it is.



    This band does almost exclusively instrumental semi trippy Spaghetti Western style stuff. Different but I like it and have found it to be good traveling music.



    This guy has some pretty good songs. This is one of them, IMO.
    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 06-23-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •