User Tag List

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 590

Thread: Music Thread...

  1. #551
    Super Moderator Carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    And justice for all was great. This new stuff is just listless to me.
    I get that...as I have listened to it more, the more I like it. I mean people point to And Justice for all, but that album is very overrated. It sounds like shit...and I don't need 11 minute songs.

    One that is a grower for me is Atlas, Rise. The second solo on it...nothing flashy like that, but it is perfectly suited for that song. It is greatness.

    This is James and Lars baby though...Hammet was left out of the process, which was lame.

  2. #552
    Senior Member E_D_Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I get that...as I have listened to it more, the more I like it. I mean people point to And Justice for all, but that album is very overrated. It sounds like shit...and I don't need 11 minute songs.

    One that is a grower for me is Atlas, Rise. The second solo on it...nothing flashy like that, but it is perfectly suited for that song. It is greatness.

    This is James and Lars baby though...Hammet was left out of the process, which was lame.
    I have always been pretty meh on Metallica. They have had some stuff I have liked OK but it has been a long time since I have heard anything from them that interested me at all. I was at a party a couple weekends ago though and later in the night when there was just a handful of dudes left someone put their new album on. Have to say, I enjoyed it at that point in the night. Probably not something I am going to put into heavy rotation but I thought it was better than anything I have heard from them in a long time. The chunky riffs you mentioned in another post are really what carries it for me. I really like the song Hardwired. It sounds exactly like The Sword to me, which makes sense since The Sword was influenced by Metallica as much as they were by Sabbath (and they opened for Metallica on a world tour 5 or so years ago). The chorus lyrics to Hardwired are really cringey though. "We so fucked! Shit out of luck! Hardwired to self-destruct!". Awful, but it is metal and who gives a shit.

    I have posted The Sword more than once in the past but probably not on this version of the board. If you like chunky riffs their album Age of Winters is something you may enjoy.



    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 12-15-2016 at 07:32 PM.

  3. #553
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,834
    The sword is awesome. Love those guys.

  4. #554
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    7,178
    Metallica used to write brilliant, relevant songs like "Disposable Heroes".

    Then they wrote an armor plated pop album with The Black Album, got rich, and just said fuck it.

  5. #555
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    7,178
    I see Sturgill Simpson is finally getting his due.

    The greatest country artist out there now by a mile.

    Like the Patriots organization to the rest of the league.

  6. #556
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,424
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    I see Sturgill Simpson is finally getting his due.

    The greatest country artist out there now by a mile.

    Like the Patriots organization to the rest of the league.
    Definitely has a country voice. The band has a 70s metal flavor shaped to a country rock delivery. Not real familiar with most of his work.
    Since Day One

  7. #557
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,459
    Anyone listen to that new Big Sean?

    How about you @L.T. Fan?

    Pump it or dump it?

  8. #558
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18,162
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Anyone listen to that new Big Sean?

    How about you @L.T. Fan?

    Pump it or dump it?
    He's no Big Pun that's for sure.

  9. #559
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    49,195
    Why we have two music threads still baffles me.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  10. #560
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Why we have two music threads still baffles me.
    Combine them then.

    Abracadabra, dipshit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •