Patrick Robinson

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Supposedly a done deal once he works out issues with his agent, whatever that means. 3 years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Safety Jalen Ramsey

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Good.

All in all, a decent FA haul. We should have went harder after one of the top talents (Weddle, Trevathan, Miller) and signed another mid-range guy (Whitehead, Nelson, Shelby, Demario Davis) but people acting like this is a disastrous offseason are being over dramatic.

Now the only thing left to do is draft a QB at 4.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like it. Middle of the road starting caliber CB. Can use as leverage to force Carr into a paycut and a backup role, which is actually quite nice. No real room for a high end rookie to come in and start from Day 1, not to say that a DB might not be the BPA, but no more temptation to take a DB because we need one. Also no need for Jones to shift to CB, so if we do take Ramsey, he is a FS. That would be quite the safety pair.

Robinson
Scandrick
Carr
Claiborne
late round rookie or udfa or low level FA like Josh Thomas

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like it. Middle of the road starting caliber CB. Can use as leverage to force Carr into a paycut and a backup role, which is actually quite nice. No real room for a high end rookie to come in and start from Day 1, not to say that a DB might not be the BPA, but no more temptation to take a DB because we need one. Also no need for Jones to shift to CB, so if we do take Ramsey, he is a FS. That would be quite the safety pair.

Robinson
Scandrick
Carr
Claiborne
late round rookie or udfa or low level FA like Josh Thomas
I kind of like Terrance Mitchell our seventh rounder from last year.

I wonder what happens with Carr now. We actually have some leverage to cut him if we wanted to. Which is really what you need in order to get him to take a pay cut.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Carr will be a curious case, he didn't renegotiate last year because he knew he had us over a barrel basically with Claiborne coming off a serious injury (and never performing) and Scandrick as our only other respectable CB. He doesn't have that leverage anymore and if we threaten to wait him out until June his market will be dry, would a team be willing to give him about 4-5 a year?

I'd be fine if we cut his salary down to something around that number but would he be able to get that in June/July as a CB going on 30?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be fine if we cut his salary down to something around that number but would he be able to get that in June/July as a CB going on 30?
With all the money dried up and a better corner in Leon Hall sitting out there I doubt it.

dallen

Senior Tech
I have to say, I think we've done well in FA. It seemed like we were just going to sit on our hands, but other than backup QB we seemed to have addressed most of our needs heading into the draft now and done so cheaply

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I have to say, I think we've done well in FA. It seemed like we were just going to sit on our hands, but other than backup QB we seemed to have addressed most of our needs heading into the draft now and done so cheaply
Thats because our backup QB will be there at 4 :art

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I would have liked to have seen a legit pass rusher, but I'm definitely glad we didn't do any of the higher priced deals.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would have liked to have seen a legit pass rusher, but I'm definitely glad we didn't do any of the higher priced deals.
Mayowa would like to tell you to F off.

Truth be told there weren't great pass rushers in free agency. When the best guy is Olivier Vernon who is a 6-8 sack a year guy and he gets crazy money I'm ok staying out of that part of the free agent market. I'll pay that for a 12+ sack a year guy but Olivier Vernon? That's pure insanity. Our best hopes for an improved pass rush at DE are going to come from internal development.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Still wouldn't be against bringing Hardy back for one more season.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would have liked an end with a little more proven ability.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No, but like a Chris Long instead of Mayowa would have been nice. Someone who you think could start and not be a liability for a few games. Maybe Mayowa is that player but how the hell do I know? He could be awful.

stubbie

Not So New Member
No, but like a Chris Long instead of Mayowa would have been nice. Someone who you think could start and not be a liability for a few games. Maybe Mayowa is that player but how the hell do I know? He could be awful.
From what I hear, Chris Long has shot his load in the NFL. They feel Mayowa has a lot of room for growth.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I hear, Chris Long has shot his load in the NFL. They feel Mayowa has a lot of room for growth.
The thing with Long is that you know he can start 4 games and not embarrass himself. There is basically no chance that he becomes a double digit sack guy again so the potential reward isn't high but the risk is also low. A guy like Mayowa is more of a high risk high reward guy. He could look like a fool on the field who lacks enough functional strength to play DE. Or he could develop with all of his speed and athletic ability into a legit pass rusher. Odds are he is trash though. Or Oakland and Seattle would have kept him.

Top Bottom