Patriots Trade Chandler Jones To Arizona

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For a 2nd and OG Jonathan Cooper.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Patriots are so odd. Best defensive player and young. Lets trade him away now for a draft pick and a draft bust. There is no reason they shouldn't try and keep a young player like Jones around. But yet the Pats kick him down the road.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I actually think this is a smart trade for the Pats. If Vernon just got a 5 year 85 mil contract, what will Jones command? This is the last year of his rookie deal, so I get it. He also showed up whacked out at the police department after having a bad reaction to synthetic weed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He also showed up whacked out at the police department after having a bad reaction to synthetic weed.
Yeah, my guess is that this is more about that. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he has more personal issues than we've heard about, and the Pats know it's only a matter of time until they surface again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Patriots are so odd. Best defensive player and young. Lets trade him away now for a draft pick and a draft bust. There is no reason they shouldn't try and keep a young player like Jones around. But yet the Pats kick him down the road.
Odd, but I am not going to bet against the Hoodie coming out of this ahead. If he gets busted or the Cardinals can't sign him back, he got a second and a player for a guy they were not going to keep beyond 2016 anyway.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I would have traded Gregory for Cooper and a 2nd, and we have no place for cooper here...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Love them or hate them, The Patsies rarely make a bad move. They've made fewer bad personnel decisions in the last 16 years than Dallas has in any given year during that time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love them or hate them, The Patsies rarely make a bad move. They've made fewer bad personnel decisions in the last 16 years than Dallas has in any given year during that time.
They actually make plenty of bad moves. It's just that Brady covers up for them. What they have always done a great job of though is acquiring lots of draft picks. I admire the Patriots and their ability to do that. Granted they are short stacked this year for cheating but most years they have more picks then everyone else.

Honestly I think Chandler Jones probably goes to the Cardinals and never posts the same numbers he posted with the Pats. The Patriots will never get anything out of Cooper and blow the second round pick on a player who never amounts to anything. Sometimes you just look at a trade in hindsight and realize that neither team wins. I think this could easily be one of those deals.

Top Bottom