Draft Grades

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's a year away. keep your panties on. maybe we can give up a 3rd for a 6th or something to get you excited again.
You are telling me to keep my panties on when you have already anointed him a top 10 pick.

You can't make this shit up.:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think this shit needs a definite revision. Post haste.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this shit needs a definite revision. Post haste.
Basically three first rounders. And two of them at below market value.

Can't ask for more than that.

This makes me think that Satan let Jerry out of that lifetime sell your soul for a 3rd Super Bowl contract they made.

D

Deuce

This makes me think that Satan let Jerry out of that lifetime sell your soul for a 3rd Super Bowl contract they made.
Either Jerry has offered up Spauling's soul as a sweetener for one last run or training camp injuries will set in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Either Jerry has offered up Spauling's soul as a sweetener for one last run or training camp injuries will set in.
Well, he was not in the War Room on draft weekend, right?

Damn, Jerry. That's cold.

But I can dig it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So this has to rank right up there with the great train robbery where we fleeced the shit out of Mike Lynn and the Vikings for one Herschel Walker. Pure stroke of genius.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So this has to rank right up there with the great train robbery where we fleeced the shit out of Mike Lynn and the Vikings for one Herschel Walker. Pure stroke of genius.
It feels a little like that. Jimmy was constantly improving every bit of the roster and used those picks to help fill the gaps. He missed on a few, but what he missed in the draft he got in trades.

The holes to fill are RB, 1 technique DT, SS, and FS.

A full offseason for Josh Brent can hopefully get us to average over Nick Hayden, Wilcox probably improves at safety, and if Scandrick, Carr, and Claiborne all play we can shift Jones to FS.

That still leaves McFadden, Randle, Williams, and Dunbar as our backs. Too average. It would suck if they managed to sink the whole team.

p1_

DCC 4Life

And I guess the raw ranking might be 1) Collins 2) Gregory and 3) Jones

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
the way it played out is absolutely perfect for Dallas. Yes, the later rounds are important and we had a couple "swings and misses" (wont be able to surely know until a couple years down the road), but the way we got 3 players that were in pretty much every teams top 30, I am doing backflips. I'm not gonna complain about no RB when we just dropped a bomb on the division with 3 instant impact players.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm not a fan of our 5th-7th round picks, but landing three top 15 talents, one of whom virtually for free, makes this an "A" draft all by itself.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
This is a better draft then the one Parcells had with the Jets when he had a plethora of 1st round picks...

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
This is a better draft then the one Parcells had with the Jets when he had a plethora of 1st round picks...
That's hard to prove. He landed Shaun Ellis, John Abraham and Chad Pennington in that round. The only bust was the TE drafted in the mid-20s. The rest, while injury prone in a few cases, had very productive careers.

Now, if you're factoring in where our guys were selected and factor in the salaries relative to the others, then you're absolutely right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not a fan of our 5th-7th round picks, but landing three top 15 talents, one of whom virtually for free, makes this an "A" draft all by itself.
I've come around on our fifth round pick and the OT we took in the seventh. The OT may never see the field but he is the kind of guy I like in the seventh. An athletic OT that you may be able to develop into a solid player. Russell from Purdue is a guy I wasn't super high on but after watching him I like him more. He looks really athletic for a big guy and the highlight plays he does have are pretty impressive. I think he may be a strong side end/3 technique in this defense. I wouldn't be suprised if the plan isn't to add 10-15 lbs on him and make him a Henry Melton/Crawford type player. I really believe he has that type of athletic ability and strength.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've come around on our fifth round pick and the OT we took in the seventh. The OT may never see the field but he is the kind of guy I like in the seventh. An athletic OT that you may be able to develop into a solid player. Russell from Purdue is a guy I wasn't super high on but after watching him I like him more. He looks really athletic for a big guy and the highlight plays he does have are pretty impressive. I think he may be a strong side end/3 technique in this defense. I wouldn't be suprised if the plan isn't to add 10-15 lbs on him and make him a Henry Melton/Crawford type player. I really believe he has that type of athletic ability and strength.
I like Russell a bit, too. I think he may need a fire lit under him, but that's what Marinelli does. The potential is there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And I guess the raw ranking might be 1) Collins 2) Gregory and 3) Jones
That's how I would rank them.

Top Bottom