Cowboys Net Four Comp Picks

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well Cassel is a 2017 fifth. So we won't have to imagine that until next year. But that will blow.
Never get that fifth back, but if he's on their roster all 17 weeks of the season, Dallas will get a comp pick for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Never get that fifth back, but if he's on their roster all 17 weeks of the season, Dallas will get a comp pick for him.
7th at best.

shane

DCC 4Life
Hope we see a couple of brute RBs drafted to compliment McFadden and Dunbar.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
In other words, pray he doesn't see a snap this year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hope we see a couple of brute RBs drafted to compliment McFadden and Dunbar.
I'm of the opinion the Cowboys should invest heavily in the position on a regular basis. Star running backs are a tradition in Dallas.

If they mine the 1st round every four years, sooner or later they will land upon the next Tony, Emmitt, or Herschel.

It takes talent and a commitment to the running game. Cowboys proved they could commit in 2014, now they just need to bring in the talent.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm of the opinion the Cowboys should invest heavily in the position on a regular basis. Star running backs are a tradition in Dallas.

If they mine the 1st round every four years, sooner or later they will land upon the next Tony, Emmitt, or Herschel.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The first round gives you the best chance to find the next Emmitt, right? And I definitely think Dallas should draft a RB in the 1st round a couple of times a decade.

Elite RB talent + commitment to the OL is the best shot at the ROH for a back. I'd love my kids to see it happen while they're still young. That combination has led to Lombardis in two separate eras for the Cowboys, and year in year out great running games are exciting to watch.

It's one of the things I love most about football.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The idea of pairing an elite talent at RB with our OL is very alluring because I think it could be a strong enough combination that paces the offense, keeps the defense off the field and makes us Super Bowl contenders.

On the other hand I can't ignore the fact that RB's have short shelf lives and that you can find top RB's in the 2nd-4th.

At the end of the day I would be satisfied if we took Elliott, not particularly thrilled but not upset either.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
People say you can find RBs in the later rounds, but the great ones are usually taken in the top two rounds.

And the truly special ones are almost always 1st rounders. If Dallas takes Elliott the rushing attack goes from decent to maybe better than ever.

We've never had a line this good, and we're wasting it. We're two years into a 4-5 year window.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The first round gives you the best chance to find the next Emmitt, right? And I definitely think Dallas should draft a RB in the 1st round a couple of times a decade.

Elite RB talent + commitment to the OL is the best shot at the ROH for a back. I'd love my kids to see it happen while they're still young. That combination has led to Lombardis in two separate eras for the Cowboys, and year in year out great running games are exciting to watch.

It's one of the things I love most about football.
That's all well and good but drafting a first round RB every four years "until they find the next Emmitt or Tony" is insane. You take the best players and win.... heritage follows.... you don't try to recreate the past.

Top Bottom