Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Hard to fully grasp this. We drafted at number 27, and somehow ended up with 3 players rated top 20.

Unbelievable.
Uh, two of them were consider top 10 picks. Hell, Gregory at one point was considered a top 3 talent. We also reportedly had Byron Jones rated as a top 15 player on our board, so we landed three top 15 guys. It is utterly remarkable to have that happen.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
That's the way to do it. Basically, it's the "we're not fucking around, so we're going to give you everything we're allowed to" approach.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Hard to fully grasp this. We drafted at number 27, and somehow ended up with 3 players rated top 20.

Unbelievable.

It makes me give pause and wait to see how those lower draft picks work out before I'll bitch and criticize. The boys get an A in this draft

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the way to do it. Basically, it's the "we're not fucking around, so we're going to give you everything we're allowed to" approach.
The best part was we found out we signed him right after all of the reports that he was going to visit another team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The best part was we found out we signed him right after all of the reports that he was going to visit another team.
Yeah, when I saw that he was heading to Miami next I was bummed. Then saw ten minutes later that he'd signed with us.

WTFAPODNBQEORBNQGQZBWOOOOO!!!! :towel

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
No shit. I turned my computer off after reading that he was on his way to Miami, resigning myself to the fact that we weren't going to get him. And 20 minutes later, I hear SVP and Rusillo say that we signed him. I've been in full-on homer mode ever since.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No shit. I turned my computer off after reading that he was on his way to Miami, resigning myself to the fact that we weren't going to get him. And 20 minutes later, I hear SVP and Rusillo say that we signed him. I've been in full-on homer mode ever since.
Yeah at that point I kind of figured he was going to go on a tour like a college kid and check out a bunch of teams.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

We just added THIS to our running game.

townsend

Banned
My head is spinning. The fact that we not only significantly upgraded the team's biggest weakness, but also upgraded the team's biggest strength. Oh my God. This makes the 2005 off season look like rotten garbage.

D

Deuce

Unreal. We had to know we had a great chance when he picked us to visit first and making him a fully guaranteed offer was going to be at least on par with what everyone else could do.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:towel and he's doing that to Myles Garrett who ain't no slouch

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

If he learns the fine art of jamming his fingers into the opposing player's facemask and down his throat, he'll be a carbon copy of Erik Williams.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

The talent on this line is even more amazing when you consider just how young they are.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah at that point I kind of figured he was going to go on a tour like a college kid and check out a bunch of teams.
Jerry Jones deserves every bit of grief that he has received over the years but no one ever accused him of not being able to sell the living shit out of his team and close a deal.

:jerry

D

Deuce

Forget the swing tackle idea. Start working Chaz Green on the LG track immediately. Having him starting there in 2016 with these other 4 could move mountains.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Unreal. We had to know we had a great chance when he picked us to visit first and making him a fully guaranteed offer was going to be at least on par with what everyone else could do.
Given the situation, it would've been epically stupid not to offer the best possible contract available to him. Monetarily, the cost is equivalent to pocket lint, the risk is zero, the talent grossly exceeds the contract value, and it keeps him off of the Giants, Skins, and Eagles. It is the purest form of a low risk / high reward signing if there ever was one. We had no choice but to do what we did. If I were him, I'd be insulted with anything other than a fully guaranteed offer with no contingencies.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Forget the swing tackle idea. Start working Chaz Green on the LG track immediately. Having him starting there in 2016 with these other 4 could move mountains.
Do you think that is what they will do or will they play Collins at LG?

Top Bottom