User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Way-too-early 2017 NFL mock draft

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Well, the 2017 QB class is dogshit, so the idea of taking Lynch was at least something I am glad was explored at least.

As for Leidner, this has to be some dummy doing this mock. He is nowhere near being a first rounder.
    Good QBs will be had in 2017. They'll show themselves soon.

Well, the 2017 QB class is dogshit, so the idea of taking Lynch was at least something I am glad was explored at least.

As for Leidner, this has to be some dummy doing this mock. He is nowhere near being a first rounder.
    It's Todd Mcshay. Experts are just throwing darts in the dark knowing some QBs have to go in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Good QBs will be had in 2017. They'll show themselves soon.
    I believe so. Guys emerge every year.
    Since Day One

I agree, right now this class looks horrific bad. And I know Paxton Lynch kind of snuck up on a lot of people so it could happen again but last year this time I wasn't looking at 2016 going, that QB class looks like dog shit. Actually it was very much the opposite knowing there was a blue chip prospect like Goff and some really strong second round types in Wentz. Sure Wentz ended up being the second pick in the draft but he didn't appear from nowhere. Next year I just can't see any promise right now. Hopefully it changes as the season goes on. Chad Kelly right now may be the best of the Senior class.

I like that people are trying to find us a Blake Bortles type.

I like that he has us as at least a divisional playoff round while the Giants and Redskins are picking in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Cowboy View Post
    I like that he has us as at least a divisional playoff round while the Giants and Redskins are picking in the top 10.
    So you are a fan of inaccurate mocks?

So you are a fan of inaccurate mocks?
    Yes

He should barely be considered a 4th rounder.
    No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

God damn do I wish we had a top 5 pick in the year Myles Garrett comes out although at the end of the day I doubt 4 would be high enough to get him anyway, he should be a top 3 lock and the first non-QB taken.

As of right now it looks like next year could be a solid DE class, who the hell knows what will happen but inevitably a few of these guys will end up 1st rounders. In no particular order I'd imagine the organization will target DB (either CB or S), DE, WR, QB and probably TE next year, with DE or QB going straight to the top of the list if Romo gets hurt again or Lawrence/Gregory continue being dipshits.

We seem pretty set at RB, DT, OL and while LB is a toss-up I doubt they go LB too high unless Smith and Lee both spontaneously combust.