User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Way-too-early 2017 NFL mock draft

  1. #21
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    In no particular order I'd imagine the organization will target DB (either CB or S), DE, WR, QB and probably TE next year, with DE or QB going straight to the top of the list if Romo gets hurt again or Lawrence/Gregory continue being dipshits.
    .
    DE and WR I could see going either direction. Like you said at DE, if Lawrence and Gregory can't keep their shit together it is a massive need. On the flip side of that though, there is potential that if they both have a great season DE isn't a need at all. Not with young Tapper now comimg up through the ranks.

    WR sort of all depends on free agency. 2 of our top 4 WRs are free agents and if they both leave its a pretty massive hole. But if we keep them, then I wouldn't be surprised if we do nothing. I'd prefer to draft some youth though. I don't like having a position with all of my guys starting into their late 20s.

    DB will be a need basically no matter what. Just with age at that position and the contracts they are on, I doubt DB isn't a priority.

  2. #22
    Senior Member mschmidt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,023
    WR is coming up on the priority list again for us. A Josh Doctson type in the late first would be a really smart pick for us in the next year or two.

  3. #23
    El Presidente' skidadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,600
    Kiper just said that Davis Webb (Tech QB transferring out) is the top QB in next years draft.

    Webb is going to Cal if he is excepted into their graduate program. If not Auburn is after him. He "commited" to Colorado due to their new OC coming from Tech this season. That is non-binding so it is meaningless.

  4. #24
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Kiper just said that Davis Webb (Tech QB transferring out) is the top QB in next years draft.

    Webb is going to Cal if he is excepted into their graduate program. If not Auburn is after him. He "commited" to Colorado due to their new OC coming from Tech this season. That is non-binding so it is meaningless.
    If he goes to Cal he'll have Spavital as his OC

  5. The following user likes this post:


  6. #25
    El Presidente' skidadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    If he goes to Cal he'll have Spavital as his OC
    I didn't realize that. I wonder what Sonny Dykes involvement is with the offense. I'd imagine he's more hands on than Sumlin in that department as the offense is his baby.

  7. #26
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I didn't realize that. I wonder what Sonny Dykes involvement is with the offense. I'd imagine he's more hands on than Sumlin in that department as the offense is his baby.
    For their sake I hope so, Spav is a great recruiter...but he's an awful OC.

  8. #27
    El Presidente' skidadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    For their sake I hope so, Spav is a great recruiter...but he's an awful OC.
    He seems lost as a leader. That's the impression I got from him.

  9. #28
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    He seems lost as a leader. That's the impression I got from him.
    From what I've heard on leadership he has the same problem Garrett has, he only relates to a few of the guys on the team and they become his favorites.

  10. #29
    El Presidente' skidadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    From what I've heard on leadership he has the same problem Garrett has, he only relates to a few of the guys on the team and they become his favorites.
    With how Sumlin likes to create a loose, exciting practice and playing environment I'm surprised he was hired. He seemed like defeated milk toast in my little insight.

  11. #30
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    7,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    25. Dallas Cowboys

    Mitch Leidner, QB, Minnesota

    Leidner shows some upside as a passer, but I'll be looking to see if he can improve his accuracy (59.5 completion rate and 14-11 TD-INT ratio in 2015). Listed at 6-foot-4 and 237 pounds, Leidner has ideal size and has shown the ability to make plays with his legs off designed runs and scrambles. He's a late riser to keep an eye on, similar to Blake Bortles and Carson Wentz.
    So why wouldn't he go top five like each of these guys (and Phillip Rivers, another late riser) did?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •