Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ok I got it.:lol
Don't get me wrong, you are still full of shit and completely incorrect on the subject.

Just so you know.

But I am homering right now, so I can't be bothered with a Jiggy moment.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

:flairwoo

townsend

Banned
I think just reusing Great Wall of Dallas makes more sense than GWoD 2.0. Using 2.0 is like saying "cyber" it's outdated technojargin from when people got 100 free hours of AOL in the mail.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't get me wrong, you are still full of shit and completely incorrect on the subject.

Just so you know.

But I am homering right now, so I can't be bothered with a Jiggy moment.
It was more a NoDak, Iamtdg moment I bailed but whatever.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think the real question is if he should be starting out at LG or RT. I'm not sure who the weaker starter is between Leary and Free.
I think it was probably Leary last year, but Free has had up and down seasons in past years.

Tough to predict.

Long term you probably want Collins at RT though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think it was probably Leary last year, but Free has had up and down seasons in past years.

Tough to predict.

Long term you probably want Collins at RT though.
Yeah that's what I was thinking but Leary is most likely gone next year.

Also who do you want at RT next year if Free gets hurt Collins or Green?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Are you serious? Who do you think would be better to take that spot if Free gets hurt. The blue chip prospect everyone had going in the top half of the first, or the mid/late project that has some talent but injury concerns? Hmmm.... That's a tough one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that's what I was thinking but Leary is most likely gone next year.

If Chaz Green is able to develop you probably leave Collins at guard. Of course he may never develop beyond swing tackle. There certainly is some long term potential for this offensive line.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Chaz Green is able to develop you probably leave Collins at guard. Of course he may never develop beyond swing tackle. There certainly is some long term potential for this offensive line.
He's talking if Free gets hurt this year. If that's the case, Leary is LG and Collins is RT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is I remember some games where Leary was just blowing people off the ball. He has his mental lapses but physically he was a beast at times last year. I think he slowed down a little as the season went on but man early on he looked like he might be a borderline probowl player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's talking if Free gets hurt this year. If that's the case, Leary is LG and Collins is RT.
I should have replied to Schmidty's post who said long term Collins gets moved to RT.

My thought is if Collins is an elite guard that Green may be able to fill the RT spot when Free is done. Right now we look at Martin and wouldn't dare move him with as good as he has been at guard. We could run into a similar situation with Collins at LG.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The problem is I remember some games where Leary was just blowing people off the ball. He has his mental lapses but physically he was a beast at times last year. I think he slowed down a little as the season went on but man early on he looked like he might be a borderline probowl player.
I agree with this. That's why I said above if Free gets hurt, Leary would go back to LG with Collins moving to RT. Green is not as good as any of them yet, (if ever) and not ready to start.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with this. That's why I said above if Free gets hurt, Leary would go back to LG with Collins moving to RT. Green is not as good as any of them yet, (if ever) and not ready to start.
My hope is with a year or two in the weight room that maybe Green can get to a Free type level. That would be perfect to me. I'm also a little tempted to try Leary out at RT. He was a college LT so it wouldn't exactly be his first time on the outside.

Top Bottom