PFT: LeSean McCoy - Chip Kelly “got rid of all the black players”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
LeSean McCoy: Chip Kelly “got rid of all the black players”

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 6, 2015, 10:22 AM EDT

Bills running back LeSean McCoy isn’t backing down from the idea that he and Eagles coach Chip Kelly’s relationship is the reason for his departure, saying Kelly didn’t like or respect stars.

And he doubled down on those comments by making a serious allegation.

In an interview with ESPN the Magazine, McCoy said Kelly was uncomfortable with him, with an uncomfortable reason for it.

“The relationship was never really great,” McCoy said. “I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that’s the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That’s the truth. There’s a reason. . . .

“It’s hard to explain with him. But there’s a reason he got rid of all the black players — the good ones — like that.”

McCoy didn’t elaborate, and the Eagles didn’t comment on the statement, which is probably just as well.

McCoy’s statements track along with the accusation/non-accusation of ESPN talker Stephen A. Smith in March, who suggested the same sinister motive.

Kelly’s approach to running off stars seems color-blind, considering the way he openly taunted guard Evan Mathis last weekend, saying no one has offered to trade for him in two years.

But clearly, McCoy has a problem with Kelly that goes beyond skin deep.

I posted this in another thread, but figured it probably needed it's own thread. So, McCoy is saying that Kelly is a racist d-bag. This should be interesting.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Guess Murray is white now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think it is a really dirty trick to pull out the racist trump card. Basically all you can say is "no-uh!"

Cotton

Staff member
I think it is a really dirty trick to pull out the racist trump card. Basically all you can say is "no-uh!"
It's all he has.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm sure if you asked LeSean McCoy he'd say that DeMarco Murray isn't black enough, probably because he conducts himself professionally instead of acting like a clown or being cited in articles about how he doesn't tip.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm sure if you asked LeSean McCoy he'd say that DeMarco Murray isn't black enough, probably because he conducts himself professionally instead of acting like a clown or being cited in articles about how he doesn't tip.
I think you're exactly right. I mean, it's impossible to field an NFL roster that's 100% white.

But at the same time, I think McCoy's point would be that the players that seem the most open embracing stereotypical black culture all go away. And yet Riley Cooper remains, and was rewarded with a new contract.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think you're exactly right. I mean, it's impossible to field an NFL roster that's 100% white.

But at the same time, I think McCoy's point would be that the players that seem the most open embracing stereotypical black culture all go away. And yet Riley Cooper remains, and was rewarded with a new contract.
Well I suspect behind closed doors Chip Kelly would say that culture isn't conducive to winning, but you're not allowed to say that in public.

Cotton

Staff member

And that is a stupid ass point by McCoy if so. What does any certain culture have anything to do with a football team?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well I suspect behind closed doors Chip Kelly would say that culture isn't conducive to winning, but you're not allowed to say that in public.
You should not be able to say that in public because it makes you look like an idiot.

What is the culture of the Seahawks?

And how can you win with the Culture of the Gronk?

What was the culture of the 90's Cowboys?

And yeah I think McCoy is just butthurt and he is being taken to task rightfully so by the media.

Top Bottom