UDFA Signings

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was referring to the bring in a veteran part. Teams don't usually let quality returners go unless they are extremely one dimensional.
There seems to always be a veteran return guy let go during camp for a younger player.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
People say you should come out of the draft with two starters. I think we've done that. Possibly three, which would make it a pretty good draft. I wouldn't classify that as a draft sucking. Especially if we whiffed on a 5th and some 7ths.
Looks like after meeting the quota in the 2nd round we opted for the never-failing strategy of drafting backups/ST's.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Looks like after meeting the quota in the 2nd round we opted for the never-failing strategy of drafting backups/ST's.
Everything after the 2nd are projected starters and I see the same in Green and Wilson.

And let's please stop acting like we nothing out of the 1st and 2nd.

How many 12-4 teams are getting immediate starters past the 2nd round?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It didn't suck.

It failed to address our #1 need, despite being very rich at the position. It's just inexcusable to not come away with a potential starting RB.
I wanted a RB just as much as anybody else. But some people are crying and carrying on like the entire draft is a failure because we didn't. I wanted Ajayi bad, just like a lot of others here did. But we have no idea how bad his medical came back. If he was such a sure fire starting RB, why did he last until the middle of the 5th round? And after Ajayi, I'm not so sure the other RBs would be much better than the ones we currently have.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
But some people are crying and carrying on like the entire draft is a failure because we didn't.
They are wrong about the draft.

But the draft was the offseason's last best shot at replacing Murray, and we completely whiffed.

It made me realize our management is incompetent in one of two ways:

1) They are too stupid to understand how important Murray's game-breaking ability, all-around ability, and durability was our offense.

OR

2) They meant to draft a starting caliber RB, but failed because they were too busy screwing around elsewhere.

Neither makes me feel good right now.

So it's not the draft, but the failure of the entire offseason at keeping our running game strong.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Everything after the 2nd are projected starters and I see the same in Green and Wilson.

And let's please stop acting like we nothing out of the 1st and 2nd.

How many 12-4 teams are getting immediate starters past the 2nd round?
Strawman arguments aren't going to work. No one is talking about immediate starters after round 2. It's about value.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Strawman arguments aren't going to work. No one is talking about immediate starters after round 2. It's about value.
True we don't know as much about value as the Cowboys' scouting staff.

But we do know is DeMarco Murray flat out killed it last year, and was either the biggest reason or the second biggest reason we went 12-4.

That reason is gone and wasn't replaced. It was the best rushing attack combined with the most effective passing attack that got us to 12-4. No defense could stop that and everything else pales by comparison.

To expect to be in that game, facing the NFL's best teams in January like we were last season is now not realistic.

I could care less how well the pass rush improved or didn't. It's just inconsequential compared with the effect Dallas' balanced offense had in 2014.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Randle returning punts? I don't see it.
Garrett said McFadden could return kicks/punts about 2 minutes after he said what was quoted in that tweet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted a RB just as much as anybody else. But some people are crying and carrying on like the entire draft is a failure because we didn't. I wanted Ajayi bad, just like a lot of others here did. But we have no idea how bad his medical came back. If he was such a sure fire starting RB, why did he last until the middle of the 5th round? And after Ajayi, I'm not so sure the other RBs would be much better than the ones we currently have.
I don't think a guy like Buck Allen would have given us any additional ability. He would have just been another back who can reliably get the yards your line has created for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Amazing how we doubled up on LB and OT injury insurance but we have complete faith that McFadden will shake his injury issues. He has never started a full sixteen games in his entire NFL career.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And most reviews of our draft feel we got good value throughout.

Yet here you are having a conniption.

This is all a matter of opinion mine just seems to be the same as most the people you are basing the perceived value on.

Cotton

Staff member
And most reviews of our draft feel we got good value throughout.

Yet here you are having a conniption.

This is all a matter of opinion mine just seems to be the same as most the people you are basing the perceived value on.
Kiper gave us a C-, so...

Cotton

Staff member
So.......is he the only opinion that matters?

And even if it's a C is that cause for all the bellyaching going on?
:lol

Good lord.

Yes, a C is absolutely worth bellyaching about. Or, was that good enough for you when you were in school?

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

Good lord.

Yes, a C is absolutely worth bellyaching about. Or, was that good enough for you when you were in school?
Did I say it was good enough or did I say the all this bitching is overboard?

And why are you only using Kiper?

Cotton

Staff member
Did I say it was good enough or did I say the all this bitching is overboard?

And why are you only using Kiper?
So, if it's not good enough, then bitching is inherently warranted. Or, are you using some super slick logic no one else on the planet can grasp?

Jiggyfly

Banned
So, if it's not good enough, then bitching is inherently warranted. Or, are you using some super slick logic no one else on the planet can grasp?
There is a difference in being disappointed instead of saying the team is worse than last year or we are only drafting for backups and special teams.

Maybe you are just the type to bitch about everything that does not happen the way you want it to.

Maybe you are just built that way.:shrug

Jiggyfly

Banned
You must be talking about in the 2016 season and beyond.
Yeah why not that's better than being held hostage come FA time.

I think Green is being counted on to be able to step in this year if needed, you know Free has missed over 10 games the last 2 years.

Top Bottom