911Joel RossCBAppalachian StateDallasCowboysJoe
- -Jason WilsonCBCentral MichiganDan Turner
Mini-camp invite
- -Justin PodrabskyTEIdahoTheo Lawson
'Rank' is per the CBSSports big board
(*) denotes players who had a pre-draft visit or workout

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Booze, tell me Synjyn Days is a diamond in the rough. Please, I'm desperate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Booze, tell me Synjyn Days is a diamond in the rough. Please, I'm desperate.
He was mostly the B back in Johnson's incredibly simple offense. He did come on late in the year. Big kid, but not explosively fast or anything.

The main plus is he should be used to reading zone blocking and does not dance around after he gets the football.

Wish I could say we got a diamond in the rough, but I don't think he's all that special.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Goodley was a burner at Baylor. It's hard to assess how well his game translates to the pro game coming out of that Baylor system where pretty much every receiver seemed to flourish.

I'm thinking KR/PR could be a possibility. I don'r recall him doing it at Baylor but he has the type of speed and run after the catch ability that you want in a returner.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Goodley was a burner at Baylor. It's hard to assess how well his game translates to the pro game coming out of that Baylor system where pretty much every receiver seemed to flourish.

I'm thinking KR/PR could be a possibility. I don'r recall him doing it at Baylor but he has the type of speed and run after the catch ability that you want in a returner.
I dont know how if this will happen or not but I seem to recall it being said a few times this past season that he would transition to RB in the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont know how if this will happen or not but I seem to recall it being said a few times this past season that he would transition to RB in the NFL.
I was going to say, he is a WR but he is built like a RB. He is short but he is extremely built for his height. Thus he looks like a RB. Oddly enough some projected him as a fourth round pick as a slot WR.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Deontay Greenberry is a former 5star recruit. Glad to see we are bringing him in even though he never fully developed. I like the George Farmer signing as well

p1_

DCC 4Life
Don't look now, but hey, theres a DT in there. Holy fuckin smokes....

Chucky Hunter

DT
Chucky Hunter
TCU Big 12

Grade
4.94 ?

6'1" Height
305LBS. Weight

Analysis

Strengths
Cranks motor and goes. Uses arm-over move as pet move to gain an advantage. Pursues hard down the line of scrimmage. Has sufficient play strength and can hold the point of attack when single-blocked. Gap sound. Considered very coachable and dedicated to team.

Weaknesses
Sawed-off frame leaves him vulnerable to being washed out against NFL running game. Doesn't have the feet or upper-body flexibility to live in gaps. Lacks ideal length to be full-time two-gapper. No perfect scheme fit for him. Average skill set and makes most of his plays off of effort. Very little pass-rush potential in the pros.

Draft Projection
Priority free agent

Sources Tell Us
"If you put Chucky's skill set on a bigger man, then you've got a draftable player. I hear the media pump up Chucky, but the scouts I see on the road aren't as high on him." -- NFC North regional scout

Bottom Line
Hunter used plus effort as his calling card and was well-coached at TCU along the way. With his short stature, lack of pass-rush production and lack of great burst off the snap, Hunter could find himself as an NFL backup who might have to make his living stopping the run.
-Lance Zierlein

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Antwan Goodley
Baylor Big 12

Combine Results
Grade

5'10" Height
30 3/4" Arm Length
209LBS. Weight
9 1/4" Hands

Overview

In 2014, named honorable mention All-Big 12. Had 8 catches for 158 yards and two touchdowns in big win over TCU. Invited to play in 2015 Senior Bowl. Selected first-team All-Big 12 in 2013 and led team in catches, receiving yards and touchdowns. From 2011-2012, made six starts and led the team in kick-return yardage both years. Redshirted in 2010. Played wide receiver and defensive back in high school. Was starting point guard for the basketball team and ran 200-meter dash and 4x100 and 4x200 relays.

Analysis

Strengths
Big-time vertical speed and explosiveness. Can open up his hips and stride past corners on vertical routes. Played more on the outside in 2014, but has taken plenty of snaps in the slot. Desired body control. Excels at catch-and-run game. Goes from wide receiver to running back instantly after the catch. Breaks tackles and is always looking to hit the home run after the catch. Offers unique versatility. Has played outside, from slot and had 8 carries for 71 yards as a senior. Has burst to post that cornerbacks need help with over the top. Can climb the ladder and attack the ball at high point.

Weaknesses
Inconsistent hands. Lets ball beat him up too often. Must prove he can catch the ball in traffic. Limited route exposure while at Baylor. Allows scheme and his speed to get him open and must improve at getting out of his breaks with purpose. Will give halfway effort on routes sometimes when he knows he's not going to be targeted. Has frame to be a physical run blocker but doesn't attack. Height might limit him to playing primarily in slot. Might require a patient offensive coordinator.

Draft Projection
Round 4

NFL Comparison
Jermaine Kearse

Bottom Line
Goodley is a top-heavy wide receiver with a running back's frame and an ability to make teams pay after the catch. The biggest concern in scouting circles is how quickly he can adapt to NFL routes and how his hands will hold up if he's asked to make his living over the middle of the field in traffic. Goodley isn't the talent that Percy Harvin is, but he can be used in some of the same, creative ways.
-Lance Zierlein

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deontay Greenberry is a former 5star recruit. Glad to see we are bringing him in even though he never fully developed. I like the George Farmer signing as well
Farmer was one of those odd predraft visits. I think sometimes we use those predraft visits for a few priority UDFA to give us a leg up on signing them. The LBer we took in the 7th round we did something similar with and I'm pretty sure it was because if he wasn't drafted he was a guy we absolutely wanted to sign.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
RankPlayerPOSSchoolSource
196Antwan GoodleyWRBaylorNick Eatman
Deontay Greenberry
WR
Houston
Dan Turner
Shane McDermottOC
Miami (FL)
Sean Benevides
393Ray VinopalSPittsburghKD Drummond
401Chucky Hunter*DTTCUProSource Sports
416Jameil ShowersQBUTEPDan Turner
436Lucky WhiteheadWR/KRFlorida AtlanticDan Turner
445George Farmer*WRUSCDan Turner
459Synjyn DaysRBGeorgia Tech
Dan Turner
479Cam McDaniel*RBNotre DameBill Jones
507Nick HarwellWRKansasTwitter
576Tim ScottFSNorth CarolinaDan Turner
740Jon DavisFBIllinoisAaron Wilson
810Daniel QuaveOTLouisiana-LafayetteDan Turner
890Ray HamiltonTEIowaAaron Wilson
911Joel RossCBAppalachian StateDallasCowboysJoe
- -Jason WilsonCBCentral MichiganDan Turner
Mini-camp invite
- -Justin PodrabskyTEIdahoTheo Lawson
'Rank' is per the CBSSports big board
(*) denotes players who had a pre-draft visit or workout
Ray Hamilton, probably a better TE/Blocker then the scrub we traded a sixth for. He is actually a pretty damn talented blocker and underrated receiver. Iowa just has so many good TEs and bad QBs that he got over looked in this draft.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Certainly sounds like he has the skill set for KR/PR. I am assuming that must be their plan for him. A Dwayne Harris replacement.

Genghis Khan

I suspect that Cole Beasley is the plan for Harris's replacement.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm trying really hard to give a shit right now, but I'm not having much success.

Genghis Khan

You see Beasly as a ST ace?:unsure
Me? Of course not.

I'm talking about the team. I think they'll throw competition in there, but they view Beasley as the punt returner unless someone blows them away.

Top Bottom