2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Doubt he will sign. His agent said that if he wasn't drafted by Friday he would re enter next year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Doubt he will sign. His agent said that if he wasn't drafted by Friday he would re enter next year.
Yes, but that was before the NFL told him they wouldn't let him re-enter next year either.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The arrogance we've shown at RB this off-season is nothing short of alarming. Not even a UDFA?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Never would've dreamed our answer to replacing Murray would be signing McFadden off the scrap heap along with relying on last year's backups. Almost like Garrett/Linehan want to ensure we'll have to pass more.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't have a problem with Jones, but the draft went completely to shit after Gregory.

It's like they cracked open a crate of Walker Blue after getting a top 10 talent at 60 and said, fuck it.
Jerry: "Good picks but I'm kinda bored. Marilyn, get Lacewell on the line."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yes, but that was before the NFL told him they wouldn't let him re-enter next year either.
Last I saw his agent was saying he was going to take care of his legal situation before signing anywhere

cmd34

Brand New Member
Had an A+ draft after 2 picks and then ended up with a C-. How the f does that even happen?

Shades of 2009. Years from now when we have an army of Cameron Lawrence's and Danny McCray's as second teamers, we won't have to wonder why we have no depth. Who the hell cares if your back-up gunner is good if your starting RB isn't worth a crap? We have about 9 linebackers and 0 free safeties. Our overall DT depth is garbage.

The true measure of any sports front office is did you use the off-season to improve your roster. Are the Cowboys a better team this year than they were last year? The answer is a resounding NO.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Carl Davis got drafted and we just packed it in. It's like we didn't even try. Our aversion to disruptive DTs is pathological at this point, and I swear we've drafted more LBs playing a 4-3 than we ever did playing a 3-4.

If we're going to draft a swing tackle to "replace" Parnell, why no guard to back-up/challenge Leary and his exploding knee?

We're worried about special teams, but who replaces Harris returning punts?

I swear the running back situation is almost designed to justify a return to the empty backfield, all Romo all the time offense.

And to Booze's point, about if Jones and Gregory don't blow up...it's not like we have any guarantees on them either. Watch Jones struggle with mirroring receivers and gradually get transitioned to FS to save the pick. Watch us talk about how Gregory just needs time in the weight program, and everything is going fine until the "incident."

We could end up flushing this entire draft.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Had an A+ draft after 2 picks and then ended up with a C-. How the f does that even happen?

Shades of 2009. Years from now when we have an army of Cameron Lawrence's and Danny McCray's as second teamers, we won't have to wonder why we have no depth. Who the hell cares if your back-up gunner is good if your starting RB isn't worth a crap? We have about 9 linebackers and 0 free safeties. Our overall DT depth is garbage.

The true measure of any sports front office is did you use the off-season to improve your roster. Are the Cowboys a better team this year than they were last year? The answer is a resounding NO.
I wouldnt be so swift to pronounce that. This time last season the same pronouncement was made over the defense. The team is better now in theory because the defense has been addressed. They cannot be worse now. The only obvious pressing issue is running backs. It isn't accurate to assess them yet becau.se they haven't performed . The only statement I see that can be made is they certainly will not be better or maybe not as good. Who knows whether they are a better overall team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldnt be so swift to pronounce that. This time last season the same pronouncement was made over the defense. The team is better now in theory because the defense has been addressed. They cannot be worse now.
Actually the team as a whole is worse. Doing nothing to replace Murray means the running game will not, and I guarantee this, be as effective.

That bleeds down to Romo and also the defense. Sorry, but drafting a CB, getting a sub 250 lb. DE and signing Hardy for 6 games is not improving to the point they can be trusted to win ball games.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And there are no even decent RBs left in FA. Thomas is a part timer and Bradshaw can't stay healthy. And Peterson won't be available.

God this team is fucking retarded.

Top Bottom