2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

dallen

Senior Tech
Last I saw his agent was saying he was going to take care of his legal situation before signing anywhere
Makes sense. If he didn't do it he got screwed over big time

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Of course, there's always Ray Rice. He looked like he was slowing down 2 years ago, but at this point I would take a look.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually the team as a whole is worse. Doing nothing to replace Murray means the running game will not, and I guarantee this, be as effective.

That bleeds down to Romo and also the defense. Sorry, but drafting a CB, getting a sub 250 lb. DE and signing Hardy for 6 games is not improving to the point they can be trusted to win ball games.
So you are not one of those who thinks any RB can excel behind the Dallas OL? :art

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yep, any RB can succeed behind this line, the greatest line in history. Hey, Troy Hambrick is still only 38. Let's sign him up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's almost worth it to see Joseph Randle starting and the reaction Booze will have to it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When we took Chaz Green, I'll admit. I was bummed. But if I'm being honest, I didn't know anything about him. After studying up on him a bit, he seems to have some talent. Although the injury history kind of scares me.

If his body holds up, I could see him starting at either RT or LG for us in a couple years. The first impression is that he could be the eventual replacement for Free. But Leary is also a free agent after next year. If the team decides to let him and his degenerative knees leave, Green could be his replacement. Almost every scouting report I've read on him says he could slide inside and play guard. Did they take him too early? Sure they did. At least in our opinion, they did. But I will say this... I do think he's better than the player he's replacing right now. Jermy Parnell.

This guy could turn out to be nothing. Or he could be a good player for us. From what I've read, the thing that would stop him would be his health, not his talent. Granted, that's a big question mark. But either way, the team seems to be doing something we've all accused them of not doing in the past. Looking to fill a hole a year or two before it opens.

I actually like Damien Wilson, and think he'll be a good player. I've watched him play quite a few times, and he is always around the ball. But just like everyone else, I too wanted RB at that spot. But for some unknown reason, the team obviously had Ajayi either red flagged medically, or rated very lowly. After him, there wasn't much I was interested in at the spot. It will be interesting to see if he turns into anything in Miami.

As for the other late rounders... Eh. I'm not even going to pretend I know anything about them.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually like our draft until that fifth rounder. What the hell was with the Ryan Russell pick. Do we even have space on the roster for another DE? And if we do why are we using a pick on a guy who basically could't do anything in college. Has like 8 sacks in college as a DE.

I think someone just liked his forty or something. I don't get it. Mark Nzeocha is a pure head scratcher. I doubt any other NFL team knew who the hell he was or even wanted him. What F'ing scout unearthed this guy and thought he was a good idea. Old, raw and undersized. Again a great athlete but holy hell we aren't having a track meet. Gibson is fine with me for a seventh rounder. I'd like to stash him on the practice squad for a year or two while we build his strength. I think he has potential but it definitely a project. Which is fine for where we picked him.

Then we traded a sixth to get Swaim. I don't see how he even makes the roster. If you need a blocking TE that badly then just put Gibson at TE and call it a day. It's not like you'd throw the ball to either guy anyway.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I actually like our draft until that fifth rounder. What the hell was with the Ryan Russell pick. Do we even have space on the roster for another DE? And if we do why are we using a pick on a guy who basically could't do anything in college. Has like 8 sacks in college as a DE.
I don't know anything about him myself, but I've been reading that when he signed on at Perdue, they were a 4-3 team, and he looked pretty good his freshman year. Then they switched to the 3-4 and he's been playing out of position ever since. I know it's a long shot, but maybe he has something that Marinelli and Lett can work with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know anything about him myself, but I've been reading that when he signed on at Perdue, they were a 4-3 team, and he looked pretty good his freshman year. Then they switched to the 3-4 and he's been playing out of position ever since. I know it's a long shot, but maybe he has something that Marinelli and Lett can work with.
I hope but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make our roster at all. Hell I wouldn't be surprised all of our 5th and 7th round picks don't make the roster.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
NVM saw my answer in another thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would take a chance will La'll Collins now though, if they can!
It's crazy, the guy was a top 15 draft pick a couple weeks ago. You have to wonder how hard teams were scrambling to find out about the case. I'd almost say there was a touch of collusion going on with no NFL team selecting him. You would have thought someone would have tossed a 7th out there to lock up his rights in case he didn't do it. Instead its like all the NFL teams decided together not to draft the guy as a way to protect the NFL's imagine in case he gets charged with murder.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Actually the team as a whole is worse. Doing nothing to replace Murray means the running game will not, and I guarantee this, be as effective.

That bleeds down to Romo and also the defense. Sorry, but drafting a CB, getting a sub 250 lb. DE and signing Hardy for 6 games is not improving to the point they can be trusted to win ball games.
This makes no sense whatsoever.:lol

If the defense is improved (which it is) there is not the same need for keep away and it stands to reason the offense will get more opportunities because the defense is better.

Nobody thinks Hardy is going to be out 10 games so you are using a worse case scenario to project doom and gloom and even if he is you have Lawrence in his 2nd year and hopefully for the full season along with Gregory.

The LB's are upgraded with the return of Lee and McClain with a full offseason and Hitchens in his 2nd year not to mention the depth is much better.

The offense has more than enough weapons to compensate for the loss of Murray might not be top 3 like last year but with the defense getting better it will not have to be.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This makes no sense whatsoever.:lol

If the defense is improved (which it is) there is not the same need for keep away and it stands to reason the offense will get more opportunities because the defense is better.

Nobody thinks Hardy is going to be out 10 games so you are using a worse case scenario to project doom and gloom and even if he is you have Lawrence in his 2nd year and hopefully for the full season along with Gregory.

The LB's are upgraded with the return of Lee and McClain with a full offseason and Hitchens in his 2nd year not to mention the depth is much better.

The offense has more than enough weapons to compensate for the loss of Murray might not be top 3 like last year but with the defense getting better it will not have to be.
The only position this team downgraded was RB. Every other position on the team is either the same or better in my opinion. The secondary is better. The D-line is way better. LBer is better. O-line is the same (Maybe slightly improved as the young guys get better). QB is the same. WR is the same.

The only position anyone can bitch about is RB. No question that position is worse. Hell we could have resigned Murray and I'd say the position was going to be worse. I bet we still have a top 5 rushing offense next year though.

townsend

Banned
The only position this team downgraded was RB. Every other position on the team is either the same or better in my opinion. The secondary is better. The D-line is way better. LBer is better. O-line is the same (Maybe slightly improved as the young guys get better). QB is the same. WR is the same.

The only position anyone can bitch about is RB. No question that position is worse. Hell we could have resigned Murray and I'd say the position was going to be worse. I bet we still have a top 5 rushing offense next year though.
D tackle is a position we've downgraded at least a little. I would have felt way better if Baltimore hasn't stolen David from under our noses. But I think any objective evaluation of this team will find our upgrades on defense to be more significant than the loss of Murray.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
D tackle is a position we've downgraded at least a little. I would have felt way better if Baltimore hasn't stolen David from under our noses. But I think any objective evaluation of this team will find our upgrades on defense to be more significant than the loss of Murray.
I kind of forget about Melton because in the second half of the season he did nothing for us. But I guess we did lose him from last year. Of course you could argue a full season with Brent sort of makes up for that. Ultimately we did did lose a backup 3 technique and god Bennett would have been a perfect replacement. I have no idea why he fell so far.

If you look at the D-line as a whole though we added 2 elite guys in Gregory and Hardy. Those aren't just marginal upgrades. Those are massive upgrades.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Absolutely correct.

But luckily, we get to enjoy the high comedy of stupid shit like this...

The true measure of any sports front office is did you use the off-season to improve your roster. Are the Cowboys a better team this year than they were last year? The answer is a resounding NO.
A resounding NO. :lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The LB's are upgraded with the return of Lee and McClain
They are only upgraded for the games they actually play and you could even say if McClain actually plays as well as did the first part of the year.

Im not into the doom and gloom but can see where we have cause for concern. Last season they stated the the running game kept the defense off the field and minimized the chances for the offense to take advantage of them. Dont really think that is going to be possible this year so the defense better be ready to perform.

Top Bottom