2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

D

Deuce

That's the biggest reason this pick doesn't bother me. People scream and holler when we let holes develop and react too late. Then scream and holler when they try to be proactive, screaming about 'swing tackle'. Well, yeah. That's what he'll be until they are ready for him to take over. I'm not saying that he's a shoe in for taking over, but at least they are looking ahead to replace Free. Or maybe even Leary. I've seen where Green might kick inside, and Leary and his knees are a FA after next year.
Not only that, but the 7th rounder Gibson too. He has the position flex title which tells me he's the eventual Parnell role which is important to what we want to do and to get that guy in the 7th is always a win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not only that, but the 7th rounder Gibson too. He has the position flex title which tells me he's the eventual Parnell role which is important to what we want to do and to get that guy in the 7th is always a win.
That's the guy I was comfortable with. The third seemed way too rich for a swing...even for a right tackle to be honest.

They just seemed to be too forward thinking with this draft. Yeah you draft for the future, but I think everyone we picked after Gregory will be lucky to see the field in 2015 and probably will have the same questions about them going into the 2016 season unless some disaster strikes and they get on the field due to injury. The RB thing was due to the fact that I think our current group of RBs are unreliable or suck and there is a decent chance they could contribute.

I need a Ratliff kind of pick to restore the faith and that is something we haven't had in a while. Hit on one of those guys it buys some credibility for a while.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think you're hung up on the 'swing' title. No tackle was going to come in and start immediately. So what else were they supposed to do but be the swing tackle for a year or two, and hopefully take over the starting job then?

I could see it if he was looked at as a career backup, but it's been said numerous times that he'll be groomed to take over a starting spot when the time comes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think you're hung up on the 'swing' title. No tackle was going to come in and start immediately. So what else were they supposed to do but be the swing tackle for a year or two, and hopefully take over the starting job then?

I could see it if he was looked at as a career backup, but it's been said numerous times that he'll be groomed to take over a starting spot when the time comes.
I could also just say I didn't like the player as much as they did. I liked Clemmings and Daryl Williams better if I wanted a right tackle to groom.

I think the Cowboys thought too much about position flex. They seem to value that a lot, even in other picks. Left, right, "even guard". Okay, we'll see if they cut Bernadeau and save a roster spot. I doubt it.

D

Deuce

That's the guy I was comfortable with. The third seemed way too rich for a swing...even for a right tackle to be honest.

They just seemed to be too forward thinking with this draft. Yeah you draft for the future, but I think everyone we picked after Gregory will be lucky to see the field in 2015 and probably will have the same questions about them going into the 2016 season unless some disaster strikes and they get on the field due to injury. The RB thing was due to the fact that I think our current group of RBs are unreliable or suck and there is a decent chance they could contribute.

I need a Ratliff kind of pick to restore the faith and that is something we haven't had in a while. Hit on one of those guys it buys some credibility for a while.
Russell might be that guy. I read they like him as a potential DT instead of DE. If they liked him there over Bennett, Marinelli may see something after all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh no.

And maybe Gregory will lose his mind like Demetrius Underwood. What the hell were we thinking?
Stupid comparison. One is about health and one is about a psycho.

Cotton

Staff member
There are dozens of players rated where they are in public opinion because of injury history.

And of course you have variance between perception.

But if you go off what we do know as laymen, it is a "reach".

I will admit readily I emotionally react to picks and a lot of it has to do that I study the draft intently, but eventually it becomes like stages of grief.

Already been through denial, anger, bargaining and eventually acceptance.

I have worked my way past the Byron Jones thing, now I am working on the linebacker horseshit.
I am almost to acceptance but I just can't seem to get there yet.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let's see. Its about 3 and one half months till exhibition games...........time for some more disagreements before we see any actually perform. Gonna be a long summer the way it is shaping up. Might need to shore up the site with some earthquake proof walls and ceilings.

Cotton

Staff member

Clemmings could have come in and started immediately. Free be damned.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ajayi was called out as degenerative. We know that. .

And we have seen other backs like Frank Gore
I think there is a little more science and accuracy involved with a degenerative knee then a guy who has an anxiety and pot issue. You can put the right people around someone who has mental issues. Just like we did Dez. Someone who has bone on bone knee issues you can't fix. Now maybe his knee isn't in that bad of shape. Hell I doubt that it's to that level. But the point remains, there isn't anything you an really do to prevent it.

Chaz Green falls more into the potentially injury prone category which isn't at all the same thing as a degenerative condition. These are all very different types of risks. You can't just throw all risks into the same category and pretend like there is no difference. There are massive differences.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clemmings could have come in and started immediately. Free be damned.
I disagree, did you watch any of the Senior Bowl stuff? That dude was beaten like a drum. That wasn't against mediocre college pass rushing talent. He'd get abused in the NFL right now.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree, did you watch any of the Senior Bowl stuff? That dude was beaten like a drum. That wasn't against mediocre college pass rushing talent. He'd get abused in the NFL right now.
He wasn't beaten that bad. I think you sell him short. One good TC and he starts on a lot of teams in this league.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He wasn't beaten that bad. I think you sell him short. One good TC and he starts on a lot of teams in this league.
And he would be one of the really bad starters in the league. It's why Parnell signed a big contract to start for another NFL team, a lot of teams need OT's badly. I'm not selling the guy short. I never understood the hype the dude was getting in the first place and he was exposed at the Senior Bowl.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chaz Green wasn't even invited to get abused.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chaz Green wasn't even invited to get abused.
Sure, there are a lot of great NFL players who weren't invited to the Senior Bowl.

I wasn't making a comment about Chaz Green at all though was I? I was talking about Clemmings, who I think is going to be a turd in the NFL.

Top Bottom