Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Or Leary? Bernadeau is currently the only OL on the roster than can back up the C position.
I think they'll both be on the team this year. But dregs like Weems must see the writing on the wall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am still in a state of mild shock.

JERRY JERRY JERRY

:unsure

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think they'll both be on the team this year. But dregs like Weems must see the writing on the wall.
Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, and Free will start. Leary, Beranadeau, and Green on the bench (assuming Leary will be inactive on game days unless there are injuries). Gibson to the practice squad (ideally but really at this point, WGAS?). Trash like Weems and Tony Hills can GTFO. Sound about right? How many OL did they usually have active last season?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or Leary? Bernadeau is currently the only OL on the roster than can back up the C position.
Leary is way too good to just cut. Besides you keep both of them. Even if you put Collins at LG there is no reason not to keep 2 backup interior guys. Plus lets say Free were to get hurt. You'd kick Collins out to RT and have Leary at LG. Or Leary actually played college football at tackle as well.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bring back Costa.

:tippytoe
:picard

It is so damn nice to have those days in the rearview mirror for the foreseeable future. That guy and a few other guys like him were on the roster way longer than they ever deserved to be.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, and Free will start. Leary, Beranadeau, and Green on the bench (assuming Leary will be inactive on game days unless there are injuries). Gibson to the practice squad (ideally but really at this point, WGAS?). Trash like Weems and Tony Hills can GTFO. Sound about right? How many OL did they usually have active last season?
That sounds good to me. I don't know how many they carried last year, or how many were active on game day.

I might even sniff around to see if anybody is interested in a trade for Leary or even Free. I wouldn't just give them away for a WGAS late round pick, but if a player that could help us was available, I'd consider it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
you pronounce it "apostrophe"
You joke but I could tell you some stories about names. My wife is a teacher and I'm pretty sure some parents should never be given the opportunity to name their kids.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just still can't believe it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That sounds good to me. I don't know how many they carried last year, or how many were active on game day.

I might even sniff around to see if anybody is interested in a trade for Leary or even Free. I wouldn't just give them away for a WGAS late round pick, but if a player that could help us was available, I'd consider it.
I doubt they shop Free. Though the money/bonus isn't huge they just resigned him, and everything that has been reported says he is the undisputed leader of that OL. Might as well keep him around to be the stalwart of the OL. Really nice to have a legit fallback option(s) if he gets hurt again or badly regresses this season though. And this may well be his last season in Dallas anyway, heart and soul status be damned.

D

Deuce

You joke but I could tell you some stories about names. My wife is a teacher and I'm pretty sure some parents should never be given the opportunity to name their kids.
You mean like a kid at my wife's school named Ya'Majesty?

Ya, you read that right...and it's for a boy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thanks for the update, Capt. Obvious.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I doubt they shop Free. Though the money/bonus isn't huge they just resigned him, and everything that has been reported says he is the undisputed leader of that OL. Might as well keep him around to be the stalwart of the OL. Really nice to have a legit fallback option(s) if he gets hurt again or badly regresses this season though. And this may well be his last season in Dallas anyway, heart and soul status be damned.
I doubt they shop Free either. They view him as the veteran glue.

I wouldn't trade any of the guys like Leary or Bernadeau either.

Lookit, just like three years ago we had effing Phil Costa and Nate Livings running around out there.

Keep the depth unless somebody offers a player that can play right now.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I doubt they shop Free either. They view him as the veteran glue.

I wouldn't trade any of the guys like Leary or Bernadeau either.

Lookit, just like three years ago we had effing Phil Costa and Nate Livings running around out there.

Keep the depth unless somebody offers a player that can play right now.
{nods enthusiastically}

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Top Bottom