How many of you turned game off before it was over?

How many of you turned game off before it was over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dallen

Senior Tech
The record for who, the team? If so, I think he does. But if you're talking NFL history, he's down the list a ways. I believe he's around 4th or 5th now for active QBs, but still well behind the lead. And there are retired guys well ahead of him, too. Guys like Elway, Montana, Favre, etc...

EDIT: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

He's tied for 4th among active QBs, 12th overall. Right behind Eli Manning. :art
He has the most in the league since he became a starter. He won't catch Peyton, but the way this team plays he'll probably significantly add to his total before he's done

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's assuming it was only a field goal and they were moving the ball at will on us on that drive. I was looking t it as a time problem not a problem scoring.

I'm sure we have all done it at one time or another. If not with the cowboys then some other team.
So you didn't wait for them to score the TD? I mean if they would have score the TD, then I could see turning it off. Game is over at that point. Just not sure how you could turn it before that happened.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess im just not as awesome as you.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The record for who, the team? If so, I think he does. But if you're talking NFL history, he's down the list a ways. I believe he's around 4th or 5th now for active QBs, but still well behind the lead. And there are retired guys well ahead of him, too. Guys like Elway, Montana, Favre, etc...

EDIT: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

He's tied for 4th among active QBs, 12th overall. Right behind Eli Manning. :art
That 2012 game vs. the Eagles was something... we nearly completed the circuit. They scored in every way possible save 1: there was a passing touchdown, a rushing touchdown, a punt return for a touchdown, an interception return for a touchdown, and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. The only thing missing was a kickoff return for a touchdown.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hung in there until we burned that last time out but with so little time left, no timeouts and the Giants able to milk the clock I just thought "Shit, they're either going to pound it in and put it out of reach or take a knee before kicking a FG" so I flipped the late local news on around 11:30.

After the news went to a commercial, I went out in the garage where I still had the game on and decided to take a peek anyway, glanced up at the screen and saw the Cowboys deep in Giants territory right before the ball was snapped before Witten's TD. I just stood there in shock and said "WT...F happened here??!!" Then they showed Sheli tossing the ball away and I was wondering what that idiot was thinking. Then I laughed and said "Thanks, dumbass."

I guess technically I did catch the end but I admit I did wuss out.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought the game was over after Mincey got the personal foul, so I went downstairs to brush my teeth and get ready for bed, then came back up to my gameroom to see how things ended up and I saw the Giants had a 2nd and goal.

At that point, I looked at the clock and thought the odds were still way against us because I figured even if they didn't score, the Giants would leave us with 1 min or less with no timeouts and having to drive the length of the field. I normally would have stopped watching at that point and don't know why I kept the TV on, but I'm sure glad I did.

:art

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The only time I (voluntarily) shut off a Cowboys game was the Brad Johnson game vs the Giants. It only lasted 3 minutes before I turned it back on and suffered thru the rest. That was also the game that pushed me into full-on apathy mode. Last season most definitely rekindled the spark... although the flame was most certainly on life support for the first 50 minutes of that game the other nite.

I will say that this team does look to have some scrappiness and fight in them (something that has been sorely lacking for a while), so it does bolster hope for the future.

We.Shall.See

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the game was over after Mincey got the personal foul
:art
I was absolutely livid at that point. In all honesty I thought he had cost us the game with that stupid penalty. The guy basically did nothing all game long as a pass rusher and then had that gem at the very worst time possible. I can accept a guy like Street getting hit hard and giving up a turnover. It's not good but it's not intentional. The shit Mincey did was as dumb as it comes.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's leads all active QBs since 2006. No team relies on their QB more to win close games. I would love to see this guy finally get the defense these other QBs like Brady, Roethlisberger, and Eli have had for years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's leads all active QBs since 2006. No team relies on their QB more to win close games. I would love to see this guy finally get the defense these other QBs like Brady, Roethlisberger, and Eli have had for years.
Gotta win a Super Bowl to get that type of protection. It's the reason that Eli is even in the Hall of Fame discussion.

Top Bottom