Week 11 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Dolphins | 11/22/2015

Jiggyfly

Banned
McFadden was fine overall. He left some yards on the field but overall I can't complain with that performance.

However, I do hate that we always seem to underestimate a position and fill it with marginal talent and to no ones surprise that position ends up biting us in the ass throughout most of the year. This year RB and backup QB were those positions. Next year it will probably be WR or Safety.
I disagree he was fine, he runs a lot tougher than I exspected but he has no wiggle and has average vision at best.

And zero balance.

Turbin showed what a back with balance and vision can do with those 7 and 10 plus yard runs that have been missing with Mcfadden.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
McFadden was fine. He was pretty good in fact.

It still astounds me that this coaching staff screwed around with Randle for so long, particularly when we see McFadden demonstrate week after week that he's by far the superior runner.

To be sure, McFadden has limitations though, and I'd love to see us draft a top talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I disagree he was fine, he runs a lot tougher than I exspected but he has no wiggle and has average vision at best.

And zero balance.

Turbin showed what a back with balance and vision can do with those 7 and 10 plus yard runs that have been missing with Mcfadden.
His vision is downright aweful. McFadden has great straightline speed and can actually run hard at times but that is it. Turbin showed far more ability to break tackles and make guys miss.

D

Deuce

To be sure, McFadden has limitations though, and I'd love to see us draft a top talent.
So would I. Elliott or Henry would be beastly behind our line.

But if we don't land one of them, I'm almost to point where I'd be fine ignoring the position altogether and jousting bringing in a FA to split carries with DMC. This class of RBs as a whole is a steaming pile of dogshit. Next year is the year to invest highly in one.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

But if we don't land one of them, I'm almost to point where I'd be fine ignoring the position altogether and jousting bringing in a FA to split carries with DMC. This class of RBs as a whole is a steaming pile of dogshit. Next year is the year to invest highly in one.
I'd be ok with Elliott in the first but not thrilled, assuming we are picking around 15, depends on who else is there of course. Henry would be fine in the 2nd, not the 1st. This RB class is definitely pretty shit overall though.

I definitely agree that the best course of action would be to sign a cheap FA to split carries with McFadden, a guy like Alfred Morris perhaps, and then look to hit the position next year in what should be a historic RB class with Fournette, Cook, Perine, Chubb and perhaps McCafferey. In the mean time, I'll take another tank like Shaq Lawson or Jonathan Allen on the DL, a Myles Jack at LB or Goff or Lynch if they drop.

townsend

Banned
By the way, RB, still not that important though. Clearly it's Romo.
It's partly Romo. But we lost all three of our 2014 "triplets", with Dez and Romo connecting today for the first time since the first quarter of week 1. You can't lose your 3 best offensive weapons from the previous year and not expect dire consequences. We were a care riding on a bunch of donuts for the first 9 weeks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Elliot is good bit nothing special. Throw on top pf that the hissy fit he just threw and I'm sort of meh on him. If we were picking him around 30 I would be cool with it but I don't think he is worth anything near a top 15 pick.

Just take a middle round RB like we should have this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Elliot is good bit nothing special. Throw on top pf that the hissy fit he just threw and I'm sort of meh on him. If we were picking him around 30 I would be cool with it but I don't think he is worth anything near a top 15 pick.

Just take a middle round RB like we should have this year.
If we get a chance for a Treadwell, I am taking a WR.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Markus Golden. I guess you can just find pass rushers in the middle rounds, eh?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Imagine if we drafted Tyler Eifert like Garrett wanted. He'd be effing Escobar right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is a pretty good game between two good teams.

Top Bottom