Cowboys VP: Current group of running backs could change

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Bradshaw hasn't had so much as 100 carries in 3 years. I don't think he's a good option.

Genghis Khan

Martin has played 17 games in 2 years and averaged 3.7 ypc. I don't see much difference from McFadden. Feh.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bradshaw hasn't had so much as 100 carries in 3 years. I don't think he's a good option.
Umm yes he has. His last three years are:

2012 - 221 Carries 1,015 yards
2013 - 41 Carries 186 yards
2014 - 90 Carries 425 yards

So yes, within the last 3 years he has had well over 100 carries. If the Colts didn't screw around with the draft bust last year he would have gone well over that as well this past season.

Genghis Khan

Umm yes he has. His last three years are:

2012 - 221 Carries 1,015 yards
2013 - 41 Carries 186 yards
2014 - 90 Carries 425 yards

So yes, within the last 3 years he has had well over 100 carries. If the Colts didn't screw around with the draft bust last year he would have gone well over that as well this past season.
In a single season he has not had 100 carries since 2012. 3 years. I can't imagine why that would be useful to us.

Genghis Khan

I had forgotten about Chris Johnson; I feel like at this point he's our best option. He's not what he used to be but he's still 29 and averaged 4.3 ypc last year with a good amount of carries. And that was with no threat of a passing attack.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Semantics. It was 3 years ago. My point remains. He hasn't been reliable in a long time. Pass.
:lol but it wasn't 3 years ago. It was less. This isn't semantics, its math.

He had one really injury riddled season in 2013. But when he has been healthy we are talking about a RB who has averaged between 4.5 and 5 YPC basically every season. Which is exactly what we need.

Genghis Khan

:lol but it wasn't 3 years ago. It was less. This isn't semantics, its math.

He had one really injury riddled season in 2013. But when he has been healthy we are talking about a RB who has averaged between 4.5 and 5 YPC basically every season. Which is exactly what we need.
No, it's semantics. And frankly, it pisses me off that you are making me play this stupid fucking game because you have a hard on for an unreliable player and because you are apparently incapable of arguing the point on its merits.

Did he have 100 carries last year? No. That's 1 year. Did he have 100 carries in 2013? No. That's 2 years. Did he have 100 carries in 2012? Yes. That's 3 years ago. Maybe use your fingers next time.

Regardless of how you want to count, the point remains that it's been way too long since he's had over 100 carries (ie. been remotely reliable). That's what makes it semantics; you want to argue over counting rather than my actual point. Look up the fucking word.

Anything else you want me to explain to you like a fucking toddler?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, it's semantics. And frankly, it pisses me off that you are making me play this stupid fucking game because you have a hard on for an unreliable player and because you are apparently incapable of arguing the point on its merits.

Did he have 100 carries last year? No. That's 1 year. Did he have 100 carries in 2013? No. That's 2 years. Did he have 100 carries in 2012? Yes. That's 3 years ago. Maybe use your fingers next time.
It only pisses you off because you're wrong. 3 years ago is May 5, 2012. Therefore the entire 2012 season is within 3 years. Not sure why you're trying to argue this point. You're wrong. Admit it and move on.

Bradshaw hasn't had a full healthy in over 2 years. I get that but at least when he did play he was playing really well which is the point I'm making. Which is more then I can say about injury prone players like McFadden and Martin who both played like shit when they did play. If Bradshaw is able to stay healthy you're talking about a highly productive back.

Genghis Khan

It's semantics. We're sayingthe same f****** thing in a different way, jackass.

Genghis Khan

and it pisses me off, not because I'm wrong, but because you're so butthurt that I called out an unreliable player that you're in love with, that you're arguing over something that has nothing to do with either of our actual points. Smitty style.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm glad the draft only comes once a year. Not sure this board could handle another one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
and it pisses me off, not because I'm wrong, but because you're so butthurt that I called out an unreliable player that you're in love with, that you're arguing over something that has nothing to do with either of our actual points. Smitty style.
Actually artificially inflating numbers to support your argument is way more like Schmitty.

The fact remains he is a highly productive back when he touches the ball. Show me another back available who has averaged over 4.5 ypc in each of the last 3 seasons? I'm guessing you can't.

The guy might get hurt. Hell he probably will get hurt. But I'll take him for 10-14 games as insurance if Randle blows. Sure beats a guy who is injury prone and averaged 3.4 ypc last year.

Top Bottom