NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well that was embarrassing.:lol

All of the Rockets flaws were on display I knew the turnovers would catch up but I thought they would get back to playing defense.

I'm glad it happened this way they needed to get this as whoopin to realize they are a flawed team that has to win with effort.

The biggest flaw is that they need a veteran pg that can get everybody calmed down because Harden is not ready to be that kind of leader he panics when things get out of control.

This game 2 will show what kind of team they will be moving forward long term.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The biggest flaw is that they need a veteran pg that can get everybody calmed down because Harden is not ready to be that kind of leader he panics when things get out of control.
Good point.

I'm starting to notice that trend with him as well. Hopefully that's just him needing to mature and gain more experience.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls are gonna win that series.

Even with Love, the Bulls had a very good chance to win. But without him out there, the Bulls are the favorites.
I don't know about that, the Bulls struggled enough during the regular season to give me doubts. They can only get by if they are playing their A game.

And even then they'll probably fold to Washington in the conference finals because, bad luck.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jiggy what's up with your Rockets?

No Chris Paul for the Clippers and they're still wearing the Rockets' ass out.

If they take the first 2 games in Houston this series is over.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

Man, NBA on TNT is the best sports show on TV and it isn't even close.

It was already great before Shaq joined, but that fool makes it even better.

I am not looking forward to the day when Ernie, Kenny, Chuck and co. are no longer doing this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jiggy what's up with your Rockets?

No Chris Paul for the Clippers and they're still wearing the Rockets' ass out.

If they take the first 2 games in Houston this series is over.
Last year vs Portland and now vs the Clips, James Harden is looking a lot like Lebron James did when he would pull disappearing acts in the playoffs and act like the cowardly lion.

His MVP argument is looking really weak right about now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Last year vs Portland and now vs the Clips, James Harden is looking a lot like Lebron James did when he would pull disappearing acts in the playoffs and act like the cowardly lion.

His MVP argument is looking really weak right about now.
What is it with folks these days at least let the games end before going in on somebody, did you say the same thing when Curry came up small this last game.

Nobody is asked to do more than Harden he is the only consistent playmaker on this team and Josh Smith is the 2nd do you hear me Josh freakin Smith.:lol

The Clippers have the better team and they are more playoff tested and its showing, I think they win in 6 but I want the Rockets to continue to show the fight they did in this game so they can take that next step next year.

I am still amazrd they are where the are now with 2 old pg's 3 terrible free free throw shooters and 1 legitimate playmaker, it's all gravy to me at this point.

Oh yeah I forgot about losing 2 high minute rotation players in Montiejunas and Beverly.:lol

Last edited:

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Maybe Ace had a deadline for the article he was writing and accidentally hit the submit button.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Maybe Ace had a deadline for the article he was writing and accidentally hit the submit button.
It wasn't an article. It was a short film.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Simp just jizzed his pants.......twice.

That was a hell of a game. A little luck on that last shot by Rose but props to him. That was huge.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Glad to see Rose doing well.

Unless it's a team I hate, I don't like seeing championship caliber teams fail to reach their potential due to injuries. So I'm glad the Bulls are finally at full strength.

On the same note, it's unfortunate that Love got hurt because I really wanted to see these two go at it at full strength.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That was sweet but they need to take care of business at home tomorrow and really put the Cavs behind the 8 ball, none of this half assed, lazy play that you get after a lot of their wins.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You could really see signs of Harden working on his defense after Austin River.......yes, Austin Rivers......worked him over in the 2nd half last night.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All I want is to at least go 6 games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
All I want is to at least go 6 games.
I'm sure it will.

I think the Clips win tomorrow, but the Rockets get one more in game 5 at home, then the Clippers finish them off in 6.

Their defense needs a ton of work and they need to figure out how they're going to improve that next season. They also need to clean up the turnovers which has plagued them for the last 2 seasons.

And James Harden needs to stop acting like Lebron and start acting more like Kobe. Get the ball, tell everyone else to GTFO of the way, and take over the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Also, I am not a McHale fan and never have been.

I would bring back Van Gundy in a heartbeat who I think is an excellent coach. Not only would he fix the Rockets' defense, but he loves to play from the inside out which he could to even greater effect than he did before due to Dwight Howard being a more dominating cneter than Yao was.

Get rid of McHale and bring back JVG.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm sure it will.

I think the Clips win tomorrow, but the Rockets get one more in game 5 at home, then the Clippers finish them off in 6.

Their defense needs a ton of work and they need to figure out how they're going to improve that next season. They also need to clean up the turnovers which has plagued them for the last 2 seasons.

And James Harden needs to stop acting like Lebron and start acting more like Kobe. Get the ball, tell everyone else to GTFO of the way, and take over the game.
Yeah acting like Lebron is so terrible.:lol

Harden is doing what he needs to do he can't win shit by taking over he needs a secondary ball handler and a consistent 3-point shooter.

Top Bottom