Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hard to fully grasp this. We drafted at number 27, and somehow ended up with 3 players rated top 20.

Unbelievable.
Careful. You're gonna start to help ole Jer's rep.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even though the second half of our draft was dog shit, landing three top picks is huge. This immediately makes our draft go from a C- to a B+/A-.
God I hope you're not a teacher. Your student would be screwed with your grading.

3 first round talents but dammit we missed on that seventh round pick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hard to fully grasp this. We drafted at number 27, and somehow ended up with 3 players rated top 20.

Unbelievable.
So some folks are gonna have to get their knee pads on and swallow hard. This shit just happened.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get out here Ravi!

You told me he would sign somewhere to be a LT! You have some explaining to do!

Jiggyfly

Banned
If it was me i'm all in on Peterson definitley a 2nd and would not be upset with a 1, I mean you are talking about the end of the 1st, you got that type of player with the signing of Collins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it was me i'm all in on Peterson definitley a 2nd and would not be upset with a 1, I mean you are talking about the end of the 1st, you got that type of player with the signing of Collins.
Getting a free first doesn't make the value of your other first round pick any less. I'm not using a first round pick to acquire a player who may have 1 or 2 good years left in him if even that.

By the way Collins may even be better then a free first round pick. A first round pick gets paid. Collins is getting paid like shit for 3 years. It's like a free first round pick who also is nearly free against the salary cap.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Unreal how we had one of the league's worst OL's a few years and now potentially one of the best in league history.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Unreal how we had one of the league's worst OL's a few years and now potentially one of the best in league history.
You better change your sig. But....Collins fo' free!!!

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
By the way Collins may even be better then a free first round pick. A first round pick gets paid. Collins is getting paid like shit for 3 years. It's like a free first round pick who also is nearly free against the salary cap.
Exactly. I'm guessing that if he takes over for Free as starting RT in a couple of years they'll do whatever they can to extend him prior to the season he'll become a starter though. Your point still stands, I'm just not sure he'll back that cheap for all 3 years of the contract. Whatever the case, it is a ridiculous deal for the Cowboys. Holy shit I can not believe this fell into their lap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. I'm guessing that if he takes over for Free as starting RT in a couple of years they'll do whatever they can to extend him prior to the season he'll become a starter though. Your point still stands, I'm just not sure he'll back that cheap for all 3 years of the contract. Whatever the case, it is a ridiculous deal for the Cowboys. Holy shit I can not believe this fell into their lap.
Yeah I'm not really sure how that works honestly. You never really see guys get extensions until after their third year. So a year from now can we give him a contract extension? I just don't know if we are allowed to.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah I'm not really sure how that works honestly. You never really see guys get extensions until after their third year. So a year from now can we give him a contract extension? I just don't know if we are allowed to.
Oh, OK. Whatever the case, it's a hell of a deal right now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

townsend

Banned
I never thought I'd be going full homer for a Jerry Jones meme. This is some dynasty level offseasoning.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Getting a free first doesn't make the value of your other first round pick any less. I'm not using a first round pick to acquire a player who may have 1 or 2 good years left in him if even that.

Look at the type of players who usually get drafted after 20 there is a high factor for a average guy, I would trade that for 2 years of high level Peterson especially while we have the o-line for cheap.

And I think Peterson will play at a high level for at least 3 years, would you do it for that type of production?

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I'm absolutely stunned. Forget DeMarco Murray, fricking Bill Murray could put up a Pro Bowl season behind this offensive line at this point.

Top Bottom