2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If it's Obama.

And it still does not answer the question of you bringing up the court, as if he made a comment on innocence or guilt.

Why no issue with comments from Rand Paul or any other Senator.
You are not understanding what I am saying. The level of presidency stands alone. There are no others to be considered. It is a one of a kind position not to be compared to any other no matter who is in office. Any commentary coming from that office about any controversial matter will be viewed by some as being manipulative. Again, regardless of who is occupying the office.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You are not understanding what I am saying. The level of presidency stands alone. There are no others to be considered. It is a one of a kind position not to be compared to any other no matter who is in office. Any commentary coming from that office about any controversial matter will be viewed by some as being manipulative. Again, regardless of who is occupying the office.
I understand exactly what you are saying and presidents have been commenting on controversial matters throughout history and none of the have been accused of race baiting.

Why is that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I understand exactly what you are saying and presidents have been commenting on controversial matters throughout history and none of the have been accused of race baiting.

Why is that?
It may be because before they may not have commented on a racial event I don't know, but Obama obviously has. In my view a President has to be very careful about taking a position on something that is inconclusive. Discretion is the best policy.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It may be because before they may not have commented on a racial event I don't know, but Obama obviously has. In my view a, President has to be very careful about taking a position o something that is inconclusive. Discretion is the best policy.
He has never taken a position in any of this why do you keep saying that?

Come on L.T. are you actually really questioning if another president has commented on a racial event are you acting like the 60's never happened?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He has never taken a position in any of this why do you keep saying that?

Come on L.T. are you actually really questioning if another president has commented on a racial event are you acting like the 60's never happened?
We're you around in the 60's. :art

Jiggyfly

Banned
We're you around in the 60's. :art
There you go again not answering the question.

What position did Obama take on these events in your mind?

As for your 60's question what does that matter, I know both Kennedy and Johnson had plenty to say about racial events.

Either you want to stay on topic or not.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

As for your 60's question what does that matter, I know both Kennedy and Johnson had plenty to say about racial events.

He took a position that the incidents were outrageous and needed to be corrected before he knew the actual causes or who was guilty of being the causation. This occurred with the Martin case and Ferguson incident as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

As to the 60's it doesn't matter. You are the one who brought it up. Both Kennedy and Johnson were acting on situations that were already know as to causation and blame. They were attempting to remedy this by asking Congress to enact laws to correct it. That's miles apart from Obama who was commenting almost immediately after the incidents occurred and before determining responsibility.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He took a position that the incidents were outrageous and needed to be corrected before he knew the actual causes or who was guilty of being the causation. This occurred with the Martin case and Ferguson incident as well.
Now you are just making stuff up one never said any of those things concerning those incidents.

This is what he said before the Trayvon case.
President Barack Obama weighed in Friday on the shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, calling it a national tragedy — and saying that the young man reminded him of his own children.

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said in the Rose Garden. "I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this. And that everybody pull together."

Obama has come under fire from some black leaders for failing to comment on a case that has become a major national story — and brought thousands of Americans into the streets for demonstrations calling for the arrest of Martin's shooter. One black leader even wondered why Obama called a Georgetown student who was attacked by Rush Limbaugh but not Martin's family. Obama's comments Friday represent the first time the president has addressed the growing controversy.

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said. "All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves."
"Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through," Obama said. "All of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how something like this has happened."
Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2012/03/obama-if-i-had-a-son-hed-look-like-trayvon-118439#ixzz3wJULdi8G

This is what he said about Ferguson.
Now, second, I want to address something that’s been in the news over the last couple of days, and that’s the last situation in Ferguson, Missouri. I know that many Americans have been deeply disturbed by the images we’ve seen in the heartland of our country as police have clashed with people protesting, today I’d like us all to take a step back and think about how we’re going to be moving forward.

This morning, I received a thorough update on the situation from Attorney General Eric Holder, who’s been following and been in communication with his team. I’ve already tasked the Department of Justice and the FBI to independently investigate the death of Michael Brown, along with local officials on the ground. The Department of Justice is also consulting with local authorities about ways that they can maintain public safety without restricting the right of peaceful protest and while avoiding unnecessary escalation. I made clear to the attorney general that we should do what is necessary to help determine exactly what happened and to see that justice is done.

I also just spoke with Governor Jay Nixon of Missouri. I expressed my concern over the violent turn that events have taken on the ground, and underscored that now’s the time for all of us to reflect on what’s happened and to find a way to come together going forward. He is going to be traveling to Ferguson. He is a good man and a fine governor, and I’m confident that working together, he’s going to be able to communicate his desire to make sure that justice is done and his desire to make sure that public safety is maintained in an appropriate way.

Of course, it’s important to remember how this started. We lost a young man, Michael Brown, in heartbreaking and tragic circumstances. He was 18 years old, and his family will never hold Michael in their arms again. And when something like this happens, the local authorities, including the police, have a responsibility to be open and transparent about how they are investigating that death and how they are protecting the people in their communities. There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting. There’s also no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protests or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their First Amendment rights. And here in the United States of America, police should not be bullying or arresting journalists who are just trying to do their jobs and report to the American people on what they see on the ground.

Put simply, we all need to hold ourselves to a high standard, particularly those of us in positions of authority. I know that emotions are raw right now in Ferguson and there are certainly passionate differences about what has happened. There are going to be different accounts of how this tragedy occurred. There are going to be differences in terms of what needs to happen going forward. That’s part of our democracy. But let’s remember that we’re all part of one American family. We are united in common values, and that includes belief in equality under the law, basic respect for public order and the right to peaceful public protest, a reverence for the dignity of every single man, woman and child among us, and the need for accountability when it comes to our government.

So now is the time for healing. Now is the time for peace and calm on the streets of Ferguson. Now is the time for an open and transparent process to see that justice is done. And I’ve asked that the attorney general and the U.S. attorney on the scene continue to work with local officials to move that process forward. They will be reporting to me in the coming days about what’s being done to make sure that happens.

Thanks very much, everybody.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-president-obamas-remarks-on-unrest-in-ferguson-mo-and-iraq/2014/08/14/c8ce971e-23c7-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

Please show how he took a position anywhere on those.

Jiggyfly

Banned
As to the 60's it doesn't matter. You are the one who brought it up. Both Kennedy and Johnson were acting on situations that were already know as to causation and blame. They were attempting to remedy this by asking Congress to enact laws to correct it. That's miles apart from Obama who was commenting almost immediately after the incidents occurred and before determining responsibility.
Obama never laid responsibility and anyone's feet and never pointed a finger, the fact that you keep saying he did shows you probably don't know what he actually said or are doing something you get upset about.

Taking words out of context.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Now you are just making stuff up one never said any of those things concerning those incidents.

This is what he said before the Trayvon case.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2012/03/obama-if-i-had-a-son-hed-look-like-trayvon-118439#ixzz3wJULdi8G

This is what he said about Ferguson.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-president-obamas-remarks-on-unrest-in-ferguson-mo-and-iraq/2014/08/14/c8ce971e-23c7-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

Please show how he took a position anywhere on those.
Calling for the US attorney to begin an investigation before the local authorities and court system are engaged in the process presumes that he is concluding the matter will not get handled properly. Additionally how dare anyone play on the sympathies of the citizenry about how someone could have been his own. That is an attempt to sway opinions and taint the yet unknown outcome of the incident. It's obvious you won't see his indulgence as being potentially inflammatory but there are millions that thought it was. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Calling for the US attorney to begin an investigation before the local authorities and court system are engaged in the process presumes that he is concluding the matter will not get handled properly. Additionally how dare anyone play on the sympathies of the citizenry about how someone could have been his own. That is an attempt to sway opinions and taint the yet unknown outcome of the incident. It's obvious you won't see his indulgence as being potentially inflammatory but there are millions that thought it was. That's all I have to say on the matter.
Sorry to break this to you but everything you said here is your opinion and many more millions disagree with anything he said.

And he was asked by the local population to call in the Justice department he did not do that just because, he also did it to end tensions but I guess that's wrong as well.

And still none of that is taking a position as you initially said so I guess you chose to pick something else to have issue with.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I've had said time again this is the most racially dividing president we have ever had. Only in the sense that whenever there has been a race issue he has come down on the wrong side of it. Usually it has involved Law Enforcement and he hates us as much as he hates any entity. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops or bad cops doing bad things, but he always seems to pick the wrong event to take sides on and while it may not be his intent ( I fully believe it is) he stirs things up rather than tries to make them better.

townsend

Banned
I've had said time again this is the most racially dividing president we have ever had. Only in the sense that whenever there has been a race issue he has come down on the wrong side of it. Usually it has involved Law Enforcement and he hates us as much as he hates any entity. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops or bad cops doing bad things, but he always seems to pick the wrong event to take sides on and while it may not be his intent ( I fully believe it is) he stirs things up rather than tries to make them better.
this statement is so moronic. You realize Zachary Taylor signed a law that made it legal to hunt slaves in northern states? You realize Jefferson had black sex slaves? You realize FDR imprisoned every Japanese citizen without due process?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And yet none of them had the means to address the entire nation simultaneously and make their points. This differentiates them.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I never said there weren't presidents that did things that were bad in their time or worse. But for a president to be elected as he was on the premise he was and then behave the way he has in modern times? I stand by my statement. And before any of you open your mouths and say it's just because he's black, you are partially right. A white president doing the things he has done would be bad enough, but because he is black and promised he would bring the country together, he has done nothing but move things farther apart.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why must people keep perpetrating this myth, Obama has never taken a side against law enforecment, that is just a straight up lie.

So Obama has been more racially divisive than Lincoln, I mean let's just forget about the civil war and reconstruction.:lol

Or Kennedy and Johnson and that whole civil rights thing, I mean the country was just fine racially.:lol

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I never said there weren't presidents that did things that were bad in their time or worse. But for a president to be elected as he was on the premise he was and then behave the way he has in modern times? I stand by my statement. And before any of you open your mouths and say it's just because he's black, you are partially right. A white president doing the things he has done would be bad enough, but because he is black and promised he would bring the country together, he has done nothing but move things farther apart.
That actually makes sense to you?

Wow just wow.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So what's the specific criticism for Obama here? There's a race problem in this country, should he have just stayed mum on it to satisfy people (who voted against him) that don't want to talk about it?
The specific criticism is he jumps on stupid stories like the clock-hoax-bomb publicity stunt and the Ivy League professor Jiggy mentioned. He want's to get pissed about Ferguson, Baltimore, that's cool. Jumping on every fraud like Al Sharpton on the Duke "rape" case makes him look like... Al FUCKING Sharpton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom