Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This isn't real life.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I still wouldn't touch a first or second round pick for Peterson. The only way we would get him is if the Vikings get desperate because Peterson is refusing to play or something.
I'm kind of on the fence about it. I don't like the idea of giving up a 1st but if they could get it done for that I don't think I would be too upset at this point. They are going for it right now and adding that guy to the team would certainly increase their odds over the next 2-3 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the next time there's a franchise level QB available at the top of the draft, have we secured the talent on this team so that it's reasonable to trade up for one? We've established a team for the future now, looking into post Romo is a must.
Absolutely. I can't imagine a better situation to put a young QB into. You've basically built the best offensive line in football for the next 8 years assuming you can keep most of the guys from free agency.

Cotton

Staff member
This one signing could seriously be our ticket to the SB. I shit you not.

Just wow.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm kind of on the fence about it. I don't like the idea of giving up a 1st but if they could get it done for that I don't think I would be too upset at this point. They are going for it right now and adding that guy to the team would certainly increase their odds over the next 2-3 years.
Why even go after a RB. Apparently the organization was ok with the status quo before. Things should be even better now.

Cotton

Staff member
And, now to break out into gifs.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
So the next time there's a franchise level QB available at the top of the draft, have we secured the talent on this team so that it's reasonable to trade up for one? We've established a team for the future now, looking into post Romo is a must.
Doubtful. Probably the opposite. As good as the OL is we don't need a RB or QB.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Why even go after a RB. Apparently the organization was ok with the status quo before. Things should be even better now.
Why go after the best RB in football to pair with the best OL in football? Hmmm, let me think about that. I know, because they are trying to win a Super Bowl!

I get what you're saying and I don't think it will happen or is probably even truly necessary. But the prospect of Peterson behind this OL is really, really enticing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Amari Cooper to the Raiders

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Even though the second half of our draft was dog shit, landing three top picks is huge. This immediately makes our draft go from a C- to a B+/A-.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Just heard on NFL Radio that Jerry extended the invitation to visit Dallas to Collins' mother because of reports back to VR that she's a HUGE Cowboys fan.

Good thinking, Jerry. :towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hard to fully grasp this. We drafted at number 27, and somehow ended up with 3 players rated top 20.

Unbelievable.

Top Bottom