User Tag List

Page 2 of 213 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by chevycowboys View Post
    I like what I've seen from Chris Brown and Eagan. I'm sure Eagan didn't get drafted because of size, but is there a reason why Brown wasn't drafted?
    Chris Brown is a dime a dozen WR. No special qualities and he does not contribute on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I think that would be stupid. It takes a very specific mentality to play DE. I don't think you can learn those skills over night. He would probably never develop into anything there. TE he actually has a shot and it's something other basketball players have paved the way for.

3. The following user likes this post:

I am excited about Darius Jackson. Just the clips of him and his ability to catch are eye opening. I think this signals a different philosophy for the team too...would have been real easy to ignore the RB position and say Dunbar gets his spot...if they invest in a pick they try their damndest to keep him on the roster...so is DMC or Dunbar in trouble?

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I am excited about Darius Jackson. Just the clips of him and his ability to catch are eye opening. I think this signals a different philosophy for the team too...would have been real easy to ignore the RB position and say Dunbar gets his spot...if they invest in a pick they try their damndest to keep him on the roster...so is DMC or Dunbar in trouble?
    I am too. He looks like a fluid power runner who could make some noise.

Honestly, with Elliott's skillset and versatility, I don't see why we should bother waiting on Dunbar to finally get healthy.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I think that would be stupid. It takes a very specific mentality to play DE. I don't think you can learn those skills over night. He would probably never develop into anything there. TE he actually has a shot and it's something other basketball players have paved the way for.
    This just seems like Efi Obada all over again.

In other words, a waste of time because we fart around deciding what position to work him at or worse, try to do it at more than one.

If you draft this guy, I would hope you have an idea of what you should be developing.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    This just seems like Efi Obada all over again.

In other words, a waste of time because we fart around deciding what position to work him at or worse, try to do it at more than one.

If you draft this guy, I would hope you have an idea of what you should be developing.
    I agree, if you draft the guy you should have a plan for him. This idea that we will just try him out at a couple spots is ridiculous. You can play TE on pure athleticism in the NFL. You can't play DE without some serious refined skill.

How many more thread titles is this sucker gonna get?

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Morris could be in trouble. He isn't guaranteed much money and doesn't bring anything to the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Morris could be in trouble. He isn't guaranteed much money and doesn't bring anything to the passing game.
    How many backs that can receive do you need? Both our rookies are great at it. Dunbar is great at it and so is McFadden. Seems like a lot of useless repetition.

I could see them making Dunbar a full-time WR.