Florio: Dez Bryant directs profane rant at reporter

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How did the media "disrespect" the team? They've said the team isn't good right now, but most media people have said that's because their superstar QB is out, not because they're a bunch of gutless, quitting losers.

If Dez thinks only positive things are going to be written about the Cowboys in the midst of a six-game losing streak, it's going to be a long, stressful career.

Jiggyfly

Banned
How did the media "disrespect" the team? They've said the team isn't good right now, but most media people have said that's because their superstar QB is out, not because they're a bunch of gutless, quitting losers.

If Dez thinks only positive things are going to be written about the Cowboys in the midst of a six-game losing streak, it's going to be a long, stressful career.
If you read anything about this in depth, his saying disrespect had nothing to do with reporting on the team it's what he thought JJT said to Street.

Let's not make this about something it's not.

data

Forbes #1
Usually this kind of controversy equals a great season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If you read anything about this in depth, his saying disrespect had nothing to do with reporting on the team it's what he thought JJT said to Street.

Let's not make this about something it's not.
:lol Right, I haven't read anything about this in depth.

What I read was that Dez has been upset for at least several days about some articles and tweets he didn't like.

But keep believing it was all about one word (that apparently wasn't even used) yesterday.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol Right, I haven't read anything about this in depth.

What I read was that Dez has been upset for at least several days about some articles and tweets he didn't like.

But keep believing it was all about one word (that apparently wasn't even used) yesterday.
He was upset about what JJT said about him not the team.

So disrespect still has nothing to do with the team and if you read the Moore article it specifically says it was something personal between JJT and dez and had nothing to do with the team and it's record.

No it was not about one word but it was not about what the writers said about the team either.

shane

DCC 4Life
I don't give a shit if they freak out, at least it shows they are connected.

I have been hard on Bryant in the past, but I have learned to appreciate what he is. He's immature, always going to be.

But honestly, if he is the emotional pulse of this team, so be it.

The last thing we need is another leader parroting the same bullshit that Garrett does. That's Romo and Witten.
He's just what the doctor ordered for this team of losers and wimps.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He was upset about what JJT said about him not the team.

So disrespect still has nothing to do with the team and if you read the Moore article it specifically says it was something personal between JJT and dez and had nothing to do with the team and it's record.

No it was not about one word but it was not about what the writers said about the team either.
"A short time later Robert Klemko of the MMQB and Sports Illustrated, who was at Valley Ranch to do a story on Greg Hardy, tweets this: Dez Bryant just blew up on reporter, went on 10-minute rant. "Until they stop disrespecting this team I don't give a f---. Mother --- sick!''"

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"A short time later Robert Klemko of the MMQB and Sports Illustrated, who was at Valley Ranch to do a story on Greg Hardy, tweets this: Dez Bryant just blew up on reporter, went on 10-minute rant. "Until they stop disrespecting this team I don't give a f---. Mother --- sick!''"
Eh, once a man starts a rant, you can't hold him responsible for where it goes. Hell I can't believe people really are still worked up about this. The only people that care are the media because they don't like anyone yelling at them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Eh, once a man starts a rant, you can't hold him responsible for where it goes. Hell I can't believe people really are still worked up about this. The only people that care are the media because they don't like anyone yelling at them.
True but he literally said he thinks the team is being disrespected. At the very least it's an indication of how he feels.

And don't get me wrong I'm completely fine with it. It's not that the media is wrong, but it should piss him off. In the midst of a 6 game losing streak I'll take a guy with a pulse over a robot stacking days 53 times out of 53.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I hope Dez takes offense to this.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I hope Dez takes offense to this.
I'm sure some will disagree with me but I actually wish Garrett would just stand up for his players instead of giving some bullshit PC answer. He did the same stuff with Hardy. I know it might not go over well with the public but I think it would go over great with the team and probably help us move in the right direction as opposed to the sinking ship that we are currently.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I'm sure some will disagree with me but I actually wish Garrett would just stand up for his players instead of giving some bullshit PC answer. He did the same stuff with Hardy. I know it might not go over well with the public but I think it would go over great with the team and probably help us move in the right direction as opposed to the sinking ship that we are currently.
When Wade did this, people called it enabling and pointed at this as one of the reason's he's a weak coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When Wade did this, people called it enabling and pointed at this as one of the reason's he's a weak coach.
Here is the difference. Wade was a pushover when his players didn't do what he said. I'm talking about a coach standing up for his players when an outsider is dogging them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Garrett is not? Remember when Barber thumbed his nose at his dress code?
Didn't say Garrett wasn't because I agree with you. I was only bitching that I wish Garrett would have stood up for Bryant. May have gotten the team behind him. Garrett just can't inspire shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Didn't say Garrett wasn't because I agree with you. I was only bitching that I wish Garrett would have stood up for Bryant. May have gotten the team behind him. Garrett just can't inspire shit.
Oh. Guess I got confused with the "Here is the difference..." part.

Top Bottom