User Tag List

Page 203 of 213 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2121

Thread: 2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

2. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    Why carry 2 QB at that cap number and not reap the rewards of being able to use that money to upgrade the team in other areas.

Why would you allocate that much money to a backup position?

And there is no way Romo is playing the good soldier all next year as a backup, why add that distraction to the locker room?
    You going to find a better back up QB than Romo?

I also want to see Dak do it for more than one season, before moving on.

Distraction is a weak out in my mind. If that causes a distraction then they are weak mentally

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post

Distraction is a weak out in my mind. If that causes a distraction then they are weak mentally
    Seems like a massive missed opportunity. You have the chance to improve the entire team with the extra cap space and draft picks that other teams do not have. But instead you're settling for trying to have a situation similar to every other NFL team. You're basically picking a backup over 2 or 3 excellent starting players at positions other then QB.

As much as I want to agree with you in keeping Romo the smarter thing to do is to get rid of that contract. Use it other places and improve the team. Its Daks team now for better or worse.
    #Fire Garrett

Key word backup.

You don't spend that kind of money on backup especially when Dak has no history of injuries.

So you think Romo is just going to sit around amicably in case it does not work out with Dak?

My essential point is that both QB's Cap hit is not much greater than the cap hit for one player on 9 different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Anyone watching the Cowboys week in and week out this season could see that Brown had been playing well all year but I did not know that he was that comparable to Apple. I have heard a lot of praise heaped on Apple lately, and deservedly so, but given those numbers Brown should be getting a lot more attention. Hell of a season from what looks to be a late round steal. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    This comparison is interesting, but wonder why it leaves out catches allowed, YPC/YAC allowed, opposing passer rating, and TD's allowed? Those are kind of key stats for CBs. I also like PFF's yards per snap where the DB is in coverage and coverage snaps per reception.

I know at midseason, Brown was at the bottom of most rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    As much as I want to agree with you in keeping Romo the smarter thing to do is to get rid of that contract. Use it other places and improve the team. Its Daks team now for better or worse.
    I thought the cap relief is minimal, if you only save 3 mill in cap space (money you can spend) and are not getting any interesting offers (high 2nd or better) why bother?
    Have 2 excellent QB's for next season and wait for a good offer (see Vikings) or try again next year...
    @Rev supporter

11. The following user likes this post:

Apple has been better than Brown but I'll take Brown's production out of a 6th round pick before I'd take Apple's with the 10th overall.