User Tag List

Page 197 of 213 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2121

Thread: 2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

  1. #1961
    Banned Jiggyfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,221
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    This is pretty coo.

    https://youtu.be/D8eATTNIWVc

  2. #1962
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,317
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I saw pretty much every game Woodson played in a Cowboys uniform. And a shit load of Ronnie Lott's games, too. And as great as Woodson was, I agree that Lott was better. They're not nearly as far apart as the HOF voting guys would have people believe, but Lott is the GOAT.

    I would say there is a legitimate argument that Woodson is better than Lynch and Dawkins. While those guys were dominant in certain areas I feel that overall, Woodson was just better.
    Listen to this man.
    #Fire Garrett

  3. The following user likes this post:


  4. #1963
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,051
    I agree Woodson was better than Lynch.

    Dawkins took over games from the safety position on teams that had average front sevens. Dawkins was better at creating turnovers and blitzing. We would like to think that Woody could have done those things but frankly he didn't-- it doesn't matter why he didn't.

    My only point is there are several things that distract from and dilute the perception of Woodson from the perspective of a HOF committee voter.

    #1 being the lack of ROH

  5. #1964
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Listen to this man.
    Listen to this man's advice to listen to me.

  6. #1965
    Super Duper Moderator mcnuttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,964
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Listen to this man's advice to listen to me.
    Not sure if I should take your advice.

    Will wait for Rev to chime in.

  7. #1966
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,051
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Random thought - Demarcus Ware seems to be an easily forgotten Cowboy
    He has numbers, and his time in Denver gives him a shot at the HOF.

    My pet peeve with him was how he would flash dominance, get his sacks, then fade into the background.

    Until that awesome game vs New Orleans in 2009, I never got the feeling wins mattered to him more than stats. And I'm a fan, Hell, Ware's is my only authentic Cowboys jersey from the past 20 years.

    He just came to us at the wrong time. If only the guys he and Ratliff came in with-- Spears, Canty, Burnett-- were better.

    From Cabo to our gutless D, I think soft Wade being in charge did a lot of damage to every great player from the mid to late 2000's

  8. #1967
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    I have total faith his health will be fine (assuming he isn't just injury prone). I just hope that he turns into everything that was advertised in college. Reminded me a ton of Derrick Johnson from the way he played.

  9. #1968
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,317
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    Not sure if I should take your advice.

    Will wait for Rev to chime in.
    Listen to this man, too.
    #Fire Garrett

  10. #1969
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I have total faith his health will be fine (assuming he isn't just injury prone). I just hope that he turns into everything that was advertised in college. Reminded me a ton of Derrick Johnson from the way he played.
    He's better than Johnson.

  11. #1970
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    I agree Woodson was better than Lynch.

    Dawkins took over games from the safety position on teams that had average front sevens. Dawkins was better at creating turnovers and blitzing. We would like to think that Woody could have done those things but frankly he didn't-- it doesn't matter why he didn't.

    My only point is there are several things that distract from and dilute the perception of Woodson from the perspective of a HOF committee voter.

    #1 being the lack of ROH
    He is in the ROH.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •