Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So... is it any surprise when things are going poorly that Williams and Beasley can't handle the heat of the spotlight?

These are bit players forced into a role for which they were never intended.
Then they really should be third string players on a quality football team that is coached like this one is.

That is the problem.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Then they really should be third string players on a quality football team that is coached like this one is.

That is the problem.
Of course. These are backups pushed into a starting role even before the injury to Dez.

Dallas went into the season "comfortable" with Randle as the starter. They signed Beasley to a long term contract, basically guaranteeing him a starting spot in spite of his inability to run more than a few patterns.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Of course. These are backups pushed into a starting role even before the injury to Dez.

Dallas went into the season "comfortable" with Randle as the starter. They signed Beasley to a long term contract, basically guaranteeing him a starting spot in spite of his inability to run more than a few patterns.
And I sit there and watch Danny Amendola light up the Jets, and it makes me laugh.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And I sit there and watch Danny Amendola light up the Jets, and it makes me laugh.
don't recall fans blowing a gasket when he was released. guy was always fucking hurt.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
don't recall fans blowing a gasket when he was released. guy was always fucking hurt.
He wasn't cut because he was hurt. I distinctly remember Garrett cutting his ass because he fumbled punts in preseason, you know, like Beasley just did.

That Hard Knocks still sticks with me as far as Garrett goes. He was all critical of Amendola saying he had to be perfect because he lacked the size to play outside.

Now look at what we have with a smaller lesser player and he keeps his punt return role.

Garrett talks out of both sides of his ass like a politician.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He wasn't cut because he was hurt. I distinctly remember Garrett cutting his ass because he fumbled punts in preseason, you know, like Beasley just did.

That Hard Knocks still sticks with me as far as Garrett goes. He was all critical of Amendola saying he had to be perfect because he lacked the size to play outside.

Now look at what we have with a smaller lesser player and he keeps his punt return role.

Even better.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Yep, think it was Ozzie Newsome who said Garrett should run for president. I've seen some act like it was a compliment but it's more of an indictment of who he really is and it's not a football coach

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

If Amendola has just signed a long term deal he would have gotten treatment identical to Beasley's.

Covering the owner's ass is top priority in Dallas and it's Garrett #1 skill.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Uh, thanks Red Pube. Like we expected any different.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Fine but just put together a game plan that at least allows you to go down swinging. This nervous nellie tippy toe attack is growing quite old.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Fine but just put together a game plan that at least allows you to go down swinging. This nervous nellie tippy toe attack is growing quite old.
No shit, it's like he's coaching for close losses because he cares more about point differential than wins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No kidding, it's not like heads were going to roll with Garrett. It's just going to be more status quo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No kidding, it's not like heads were going to roll with Garrett. It's just going to be more status quo.
Thats odd, I recall Joseph Randle starting at RB and Brandon Weeden starting at QB just a few weeks ago.

I must be remembering wrong though, since the coaching staff always maintains the status quo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats odd, I recall Joseph Randle starting at RB and Brandon Weeden starting at QB just a few weeks ago.

I must be remembering wrong though, since the coaching staff always maintains the status quo.
You mean Joseph Randle who started until he was hurt?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I'm just curious as to who you want starting.... Kellen Moore? Or back to Weeden?

Hey, heads have gotta roll.
I didn't say they have to. The heads that probably need to roll are the coaches. Or at least the coaches need to change their philosophy drastically with regards to how they are calling plays and coaching players. I may actually be more impressed if Garrett said he is taking back the play calling duties.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't agree at all that they need to drastically change their approach.

This is a team that has been wracked by injuries this year -- not just at QB -- and was 2-0 until Romo went down and gave way to what is one of the worst backup QBs out there. On top of that, we don't have the workhorse RB to fall back on like we did in tough spots last year.

If Linehan thinks that playing it close to the vest is the best approach I'm not sure I can fault him when I just saw last week that opening it up is also disastrous.

The most ridiculous thing here is that we all know if your starting QB goes down, you're fucked. Now that it's happened we are pretending like it can just be gameplanned around, no big deal.

We've been close to stealing a couple of these games, when every reasonable expectation should be you are going to lose significantly more often than you win without your starting QB. I'd say tweaks need to be made, not overhauls.

What I heard after the game from fans was frustration not rationality.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't agree at all that they need to drastically change their approach.

This is a team that has been wracked by injuries this year -- not just at QB -- and was 2-0 until Romo went down and gave way to what is one of the worst backup QBs out there. On top of that, we don't have the workhorse RB to fall back on like we did in tough spots last year.

If Linehan thinks that playing it close to the vest is the best approach I'm not sure I can fault him when I just saw last week that opening it up is also disastrous.

The most ridiculous thing here is that we all know if your starting QB goes down, you're fucked. Now that it's happened we are pretending like it can just be gameplanned around, no big deal.

We've been close to stealing a couple of these games, when every reasonable expectation should be you are going to lose significantly more often than you win without your starting QB. I'd say tweaks need to be made, not overhauls.

What I heard after the game from fans was frustration not rationality.
Yes the team has had injuries but why hand cuff yourself as a team by stripping down the play book to reeling in the QB and making the offense a limited version of itself. It's already a system that is easy to defend. Making it conform to a watered down version of itself only compounds the problem. When you are at a disadvantage you don't retreat. You innovate and attack. The coaching staff is conceeding that the team is in a circle the wagons mode from start to finish. Injuries may not be overcome but going into a fetal position will keep you down and kill team moral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom