Musings From The Jerry Bus

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I wonder why I subject myself to this teeth grinding frustration year after year.

It is getting so fucking hard.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I might catch some flack for this, and I'd certainly hesitate to give Jerry credit for being clever...but this stuff feels like smokescreen to me.

Look at our actions in contrast. We've been looking at a lot of qbs in this draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I might catch some flack for this, and I'd certainly hesitate to give Jerry credit for being clever...but this stuff feels like smokescreen to me.
Name the last successful Jerry "smokescreen". The man is too fucking idiotic to be that sly.

Look at our actions in contrast. We've been looking at a lot of qbs in this draft.
So what? We looked at every fucking RB last year and didn't take one.

Genghis Khan

Trust me. I agree with you generally, which is why I said I hesitate. But I just get the feeling.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It really would speak volumes about Jerry were he to pass up on a legitimate QB prospect at 4, 2 years, 2 broken collarbones and a back surgery after having a man crush on a glitzy, yet fatally flawed prospect like Manziel.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:doh

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol. You are a glutton for punishment. Just ignore the old fart.

Jerry, that is.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like for sure we have said things as an organization to hide our draft intentions before. I don't write them all down but there is no doubt in my mind we have smoke screened for players we've ended up taking. It's not even that clever, so it's not even like you need to give that much credit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trust me. I agree with you generally, which is why I said I hesitate. But I just get the feeling.
I go back and forth, on one hand Jerry is a tried and true idiot so I can't really ignore that fact, on the other it does seem odd that the company line of Romo playing 3-5 more years is being trumpeted so hard yet it is obvious that we have interest in the top QB's.

It might not be a smoke screen so much as the organization trying to prepare the media/fans and condition them to not incessantly call for the rookie right away if we were to draft one at 4, but who really knows, at the end of the day I keep coming back to the fact that Jerry is a bona fide idiot when it comes to football.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It might not be a smoke screen so much as the organization trying to prepare the media/fans and condition them to not incessantly call for the rookie right away if we were to draft one at 4, but who really knows, at the end of the day I keep coming back to the fact that Jerry is a bona fide idiot when it comes to football.
Or it's their way of trying not to piss Romo off in the process. And the other players on the team for that matter. No one wants to think they are on a team that's rebuilding. When you draft a QB this high that's the vibe most players get.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I hate this motherfucker more than any other dickweed I have ever come across. This is all he cares about. Credit. His own name. His own ego. He couldn't give two shits about the Cowboys outside of the aforementioned list. Fuck him and fuck his entire family.

Genghis Khan

I go back and forth, on one hand Jerry is a tried and true idiot so I can't really ignore that fact, on the other it does seem odd that the company line of Romo playing 3-5 more years is being trumpeted so hard yet it is obvious that we have interest in the top QB's.

That's pretty much how I feel.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Or it's their way of trying not to piss Romo off in the process. And the other players on the team for that matter. No one wants to think they are on a team that's rebuilding. When you draft a QB this high that's the vibe most players get.
Then you are letting the lunatics run the asylum, not building a football team.

D

Deuce

Name the last successful Jerry "smokescreen". The man is too fucking idiotic to be that sly.

So what? We looked at every fucking RB last year and didn't take one.
I don't remember what we were saying pre draft 4 years ago, but nobody certainly saw a trade up for Claiborne as a possibility. Since he wasn't a guy who slipped, I'm pretty sure they targeted that move early on.

As as for the RBs last year, I'm positive we planned to take one in the 2nd last year. Instead a top talent/pothead slipped to us and we went BPA. After that, I guess you could claim we just never saw the value again though I would say Artis-Payne would have been a good pick over an injured swing tackle but if he does turn into the RT of the future than I won't complain.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then you are letting the lunatics run the asylum, not building a football team.
Welcome to Dallas where we won't move on from Church because he is a nice guy or something. Jerry always gets way too emotionally connected with his players.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As as for the RBs last year, I'm positive we planned to take one in the 2nd last year. Instead a top talent/pothead slipped to us and we went BPA.
At this point I'd give him the Dez Bryant treatment and hire him a full time baby sitter.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

:towel

Top Bottom