NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is why I never did buy into the Atlabta Hawks hype.

A supposed top 2 team is letting a suck shit Nets team take them to the limit.

Bargeboat

Brand New Member
Except by most reports he literally quit on his teammates on the court. Financially for the playoffs they were all in one boat, and he quit helping, actually detracted from playoff success, pretty much on purpose to pout, etc. Doesn't deserve any money for that!

Deuce said:
Assholes. He had a clash with a coach and was benched. No reason to take his money away.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Except by most reports he literally quit on his teammates on the court. Financially for the playoffs they were all in one boat, and he quit helping, actually detracted from playoff success, pretty much on purpose to pout, etc. Doesn't deserve any money for that!
I completely agree. He is the asshole for quitting and being a little bitch. Welcome to the board.

D

Deuce

If that were all truly the case, you'd think a player would stand up and object to him getting his share. None did. This was franchise and coach driven because of his clash with Carlisle.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If that were all truly the case, you'd think a player would stand up and object to him getting his share. None did. This was franchise and coach driven because of his clash with Carlisle.
The players vote on play off shares this was totally done by the players themselves.

D

Deuce

The players vote on play off shares this was totally done by the players themselves.
Except the report yesterday said the players didn't voice against him. They didn't stand up for him either which is telling, but it sounds to me like the team made the choice to not put him up for it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Except the report yesterday said the players didn't voice against him. They didn't stand up for him either which is telling, but it sounds to me like the team made the choice to not put him up for it.
I don't think the team can do that its money coming from the league and not the team, the team has no say in how that money is divided.

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nba-playoff-shares/

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Man I am pulling fo the Clippers but I want the Spurs in the next round, Paul is going to kill our ancient PG's.:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Despite the righteous ass-whipping the Bulls laid on the Bucks last night I still don’t like their chances to go very far, and if it hadn’t been for the Love injury I’d expect them to go out in this round, and still kind of do but I’m just not as certain as I would’ve been with a healthy Love. Too often they play lethargic and with no purpose, maybe as the playoffs continue they snap out of it because they clearly have the capacity to play at an extremely high level, but it just seems like they’re going through the motions about every third game or so.

If they can snap out of it and play with consistent energy I would expect them to make the Finals considering the Love injury, they’d still probably lose once they get there, but still.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Billy Donovan coached players in the NBA

Al Horford
Cory Brewer
M Spieghts
David lee
J Noah

And thats just the guys in playoffs, impressive.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Report: Celtics to try to trade for DeMarcus Cousins
By James Herbert | NBA writer
May 1, 2015 9:41 am ET

DeMarcus Cousins is reportedly on Boston's radar. (USATSI)
DeMarcus Cousins is reportedly on Boston's radar. (USATSI)
The Boston Celtics have a boatload of draft picks and financial fiexiblity, and it's no secret that they want to acquire a star. While that didn't work out last summer, they're now coming off a playoff appearance and have more assets with which to trade. The hope is that they will be able to nab Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

Will they open their war chest of future draft picks to try to pry DeMarcus Cousins away from Sacramento via trade? The early word out there is: Bank on it.

Will they be in the mix for pretty much any name player who unexpectedly comes available in coming months?

Bank on that, too.

Ainge has put Boston in great position for the future, and his patient planning already paid off with the acquisition of Isaiah Thomas at February's trade deadline. If there's any team capable of pulling off something like the James Harden trade, it's the Celtics because of their incoming first-round picks. The question is when they'll actually have an opportunity to do so. Cousins is an interesting case.

If Sacramento had kept head coach Mike Malone around, this speculation likely wouldn't be happening. Back in November, it seemed Cousins was finally on the same page with a coach and the Kings were finally playing good defense. You know what happened next: he got hurt, Malone got fired, then Sacramento went back to being Sacramento. New-ish head coach George Karl will be given a chance to turn things around, but he said his relationship with the big man was a work in progress in mid-March.

In the five years since Cousins was drafted, the Kings have never won more than the 29 games they did this season. He has vented his frustration after numerous losses, but pledged that he wants to turn things around. He is under contract until 2017-2018, so Sacramento should have time to get on the right track. Nothing seems to stay stable there, though, with Vlade Divac reportedly becoming the lead voice in the front office recently. You know it's not just the Celtics who are monitoring this situation.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Billy Donovan coached players in the NBA

Al Horford
Cory Brewer
M Spieghts
David lee
J Noah

And thats just the guys in playoffs, impressive.
I'm excited about the coaching change.

Donovan will make the team better and will install a system that will create easier shots for Durant and Westbrook.

As long as he's receptive to coaching, I think we're going to see a big jump in Westbrook's efficiency.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is Donovan actually inserting a SG who can actually shoot/score into the starting lineup. For some unknown reason Brooks has a fetish for SGs who can't shoot/score for shit. Not to mention his stubbornness and refusal to make timely adjustments. Too often he waited too long to embrace change. Prime example was the 2012 Finals when he kept running Kendrick Perkins out there to get destroyed by the Heat.

Can you imagine having to actually guard all 5 OKC Thunder players who are on the floor? No longer will teams be able to completely ignore 1 or 2 of our guys. No more 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 on the offensive end. This has been something that all OKC fans have been waiting on for a long, long time.

~tear slowly trickles down cheek~ :towel

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was a all time great game last night.

Hopefully the Clippers suffer a letdown and we can get out to a fast start and keep homecourt advantage.

I don't like this matchup at all the only advantage we have is bench play but so did SA.

Griffin might have taken the next step a triple double in game 7 is impressive, hopefully Dwight continues his strong play and Harden takes it up a notch, but I admit I think we lose the series, Clippers look like a team on a mission.

D

Deuce

Stephen Curry is your MVP. Cases can be made for them all, but this looks like a landslide. He got 100 first place votes and the next most was Harden with 25.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rockets committing way too many turnovers just as they did vs the Mavs, only the Clips are a much better team who are making them pay.

Rockets have enough talent, IMO, but they are among the league's worst in 2 categories that doesn't bode well for a team trying to make a deep run - turnovers and free throws.

The turnovers are really hurting them in this one, and this is a game they needed to win with no Chris Paul.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They lost game 1 at home with Paul out, it's all over unless the Clips run out of gas after that 7 game battle. I'm surprised actually, I thought the Spurs would handle the Rockets but that the Clips would be a good matchup for them, guess not.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls got a nice win last night. Hopefully can steal a 2nd in Cleveland before JR Smith comes back as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They lost game 1 at home with Paul out, it's all over unless the Clips run out of gas after that 7 game battle. I'm surprised actually, I thought the Spurs would handle the Rockets but that the Clips would be a good matchup for them, guess not.
Yea, losing game 1 at home, with no Chris Paul at that, is a very bad loss IMO.

Given how poor the Rockets are at defending good PG's, this is only going to be more difficult for them as the series goes on. And they were the 3rd worst team in the NBA in turnovers, and it killed them last night.

And when you shoot 64% from FT line as well? Well, let's just say McHale is going to have to get real creative on how to overcome these flaws.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Bulls got a nice win last night. Hopefully can steal a 2nd in Cleveland before JR Smith comes back as well.
Bulls are gonna win that series.

Even with Love, the Bulls had a very good chance to win. But without him out there, the Bulls are the favorites.

Top Bottom