2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What do you think was the illusion ? And what is lacking that needs addressed?
The illusion was that this defense was good enough to compete. They seemed to get that.

But the real illusion was how Murray and our running game made all the difference.

We said eff all that. Let's take swing tackles and ST linebackers...WE ARE ALMOST THERE BOYS!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't see it making us 8-8 again, but I do see it removing us from being a serious playoff contender
That's exactly how I see it too.

We've got too much talent in the passing game and a line that will create holes for the scrub RBs, along with a defense that coukd be significantly better.

I think that gives us a very good chance to win 10 games and make the playoffs again, but the lack of a dominant running game will keep this team from being the legit SB contended that it was last season.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't see it making us 8-8 again, but I do see it removing us from being a serious playoff contender
If and this is a HUGE if, Linnehan can run a respectable RB by committee I can see us not missing a beat.

But that's a huge leap of faith I am not willing to make.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's exactly how I see it too.

We've got too much talent in the passing game and a line that will create holes for the scrub RBs, along with a defense that could be significantly better.

I think that gives us a very good chance to win 10 games and make the playoffs again, but the lack of a dominant running game will keep this team from being the legit SB contended that it was last season.
Only Seattle out of the other playoff teams has a dominant running game so I don't see how that takes us out of contention if the defense takes a step forward.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It's alright. We got this with a white RB from Notre Dame.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kenny Bell. A real football player and an outstanding ST player.

But we got Wilson. Definitely got Wilson.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ryan Russell is our pick.

Has a rap for being lazy as shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whomever our scout in the Midwest is needs to be fucking fired.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Kenny Bell. A real football player and an outstanding ST player.

But we got Wilson. Definitely got Wilson.
He was a pet cat I would have taken him over Wilson, he would have been a great replacement for Harris.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Greg Gabriel on Russell:

STRONG POINTS: Has the height and frame scouts look for. Is athletic with decent change of direction. Look at enough and you can find him doing some good things.

WEAK POINTS: While he flashes, Russell takes too many downs off. Needs to get stronger. A bit high cut and that hurts his change of direction.

THE WAY I SEE IT: I saw Russell live in 2012 in two games. At that time, I thought he could develop into a top player, but he hasn't changed much in three years. Has some raw talent and is worth a shot, but his competitive nature may be such that he never gets better.

RIGHT KINDA GUY!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Today has been a real fucking nightmare and we don't even have a sixth round pick.

townsend

Banned
Looks like we're investing in a DE rotation. Like it. Dunno Ryan Russell from Adam's off ox, but position wise, I like that we're investing in depth there. Sucks for our nothing at defensive tackle, I'm sure they would have liked to rotate.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We have those 2 7's for those who gives a shit LBers.
They didn't want to chance it so we got that out of the way already. TE coming soon

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd like to hear the reasoning on not taking a chance on an inconsistent Bennett over a lazy Russell.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'd like to hear the reasoning on not taking a chance on an inconsistent Bennett over a lazy Russell.
Because we don't need DTs according to the idiots in the draft room.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But the real illusion was how Murray and our running game made all the difference.
Im not sure what you're saying here. Help me understand how you see Murray and the run game's success was misleading or deceiving about the quality of the offense.

Top Bottom