NFL analyst: 'Just about everybody that I respect' says the Cowboys should draft for

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL analyst: 'Just about everybody that I respect' says the Cowboys should draft for this

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

With the suspension of Randy Gregory and the likely exit of Greg Hardy, speculation about who the Cowboys will take in the NFL draft has lost its laser focus on quarterbacks.

But NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah said in an interview on ESPN Radio's (103.3 FM) Cowlishaw and Mosley, that drafting under center remains the most sensible option.

"To me, even if you didn’t have those issues there [at defensive end with Gregory and Hardy], it’s an overall question of short term vs. long term. I’ve said pretty consistently throughout, in my opinion, the right thing to do is just secure that quarterback position and make sure you don’t have to go through those same valley years of the past between Aikman and Romo."

Jeremiah says that his sources agree that a QB is the way to go.

"Just about everybody that I respect in league circles, I’ve not had one person say to me they should take anything other than a quarterback."

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Jeremiah said:
"To me, even if you didn’t have those issues there [at defensive end with Gregory and Hardy], it’s an overall question of short term vs. long term. I’ve said pretty consistently throughout, in my opinion, the right thing to do is just secure that quarterback position and make sure you don’t have to go through those same valley years of the past between Aikman and Romo."
Drafting a QB at #4 this year doesn't secure jack, especially with this "development" coaching we have.

townsend

Banned
Drafting a QB at #4 this year doesn't secure jack, especially with this "development" coaching we have.
Aaron Rodgers had a lame duck coaching staff for a year. It's not the worst thing. Maybe after that we can get Payton back to help close out Romo's career and bring up the next guy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It only makes sense if Wentz, Goff, or Lynch are really franchise QB's.

We might think so, but real football scouts know a lot more than we do and have greater access to information.

If there are flaws in their games, then you take Buckner and don't even sweat the decision.

We've been dicking around trying to develop undersized guys like Lawrence and Gregory or mental cases like Hardy.

Just do it the right way and get a young 280 pounder on the edge who knows how to rush.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Aaron Rodgers had a lame duck coaching staff for a year. It's not the worst thing. Maybe after that we can get Payton back to help close out Romo's career and bring up the next guy.
Is Sean Payton on the hot seat? I can't imagine...

Top Bottom