NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
While I totally agree with him about the overall team I can't believe he said this publically.:lol
http://grantland.com/features/dallas-mavericks-mark-cuban-nba-playoffs/

Marc Cuban

“[The biggest difference is] practice time. There’s no more predictable team than the Rockets. You know exactly what they’re gonna do,” he says. “But James Harden is so good. That’s what analytics have begot. Right? Predictability. If you know what the percentages are, in the playoffs, you have time to counter them. Whether you’re good enough to do it is another question. Because they are very talented, and James Harden, I think, is the MVP. Because that’s not a very good team over there.”

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah that was pretty dumb.

D

Deuce

Yeah that was pretty dumb.
It's a pretty common opinion. I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and they said that Harden is th difference between the Rockets being themselves and being the Magic. Can't say I disagree.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a pretty common opinion. I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and they said that Harden is th difference between the Rockets being themselves and being the Magic. Can't say I disagree.
I agree with him, too, but it was a dumb thing for him say publicly.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm a Rocket fan and I think we all know that. The bolded part is just dumb to say.and give your opponent any added motivation.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree with him, too, but it was a dumb thing for him say publicly.
I'm a Rocket fan and I think we all know that. The bolded part is just dumb to say.and give your opponent any added motivation.
Yea, Cuban has been saying more and more dumb things in recent years.

I think he meant it as more of a compliment to Harden, but still......just shut up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We could have gone into the half with the lead if Crawford hadn't called that BS foul on Dirk where Harden just jumped into him.

I really hate that about Harden's game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We could have gone into the half with the lead if Crawford hadn't called that BS foul on Dirk where Harden just jumped into him.

I really hate that about Harden's game.
It's amazing that Harden gets the amount of calls that he does. I don't ever remember a Guard getting as many calls as he does. I'm sure there have been some back in the day, I just can't recall them at the moment.

That's his game, though. He's a slasher who likes to get into the paint, draw contact, and hopefully get the whistle. That was his strength in OKC.

Now that he's a top 5 player and MVP candidate, he's getting the benefit of the doubt and that's resulting in more trips to the line.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll be interested in seeing how Game 2 of the GSW vs. NOP series plays out.

Seemed like something finally clicked for Anthony Davis and the Pelicans in the 4th quarter and they made a game of it. Of course that could have just been a result of the Warriors falling asleep at the wheel after jumping out to that 25 point lead. Plus it's sounding like Tyreke Evans is going to miss some time with a knee injury, so I'm not expect the Pelicans to pull off the upside. But I do think The Brow will drop 40 in the next game.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's amazing that Harden gets the amount of calls that he does. I don't ever remember a Guard getting as many calls as he does. I'm sure there have been some back in the day, I just can't recall them at the moment.

That's his game, though. He's a slasher who likes to get into the paint, draw contact, and hopefully get the whistle. That was his strength in OKC.

Now that he's a top 5 player and MVP candidate, he's getting the benefit of the doubt and that's resulting in more trips to the line.
There have been lots of guards who went to the free throw line as much as Harden.

Allen Iverson
Jerry Stackhouse
Kevin Martin
Russell Westbrook this year

I bet Jordan went even more, all of the guys above shot as many or more FT per game as Harden this year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There have been lots of guards who went to the free throw line as much as Harden.

Allen Iverson
Jerry Stackhouse
Kevin Martin
Russell Westbrook this year

I bet Jordan went even more, all of the guys above shot as many or more FT per game as Harden this year.
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have gone to the line with the same frequency, the problem is that he manipulates the refs most of the time - to the point that his game turns a lot of people off.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have gone to the line with the same frequency, the problem is that he manipulates the refs most of the time - to the point that his game turns a lot of people off.
I think that has been over blown, this year he has not been flopping as much, yes that was initiated contact on Dirk but Chris Paul and Westbrook do the same stuff constantly.

I realize Harden game is not great to watch from the outside but 75% of the fouls called are people actually reaching, I am amazed that players continue to keep trying.:lol

And he is nowhere near as bad as Ginobili as a flopper, he is Ginoboli 3.0.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
9-23 FG, 3-6 from 3, 2-2 FT, 23 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 block in 37 minutes
9-16 FG, 3-7 from 3, 2-2 FT, 23 points, 0 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 turnovers, 2 steals, 1 block in 27 minutes

Those were Rose's lines from game 1 against the Sixers 3 years ago and game 1 against the Bucks. I still don't think the Bulls can go all the way because the front office is too conservative to make small moves that will push them over the top, such as a trade for JR Smith might have been able to do, and because I still don't trust the entire team to stay healthy over the approximate 1.5 months that it takes to win it all. Rose is able to play at the same level as before his injury though, although probably just not as consistently until he gets more games under his belt.

Jiggyfly

Banned
9-23 FG, 3-6 from 3, 2-2 FT, 23 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 block in 37 minutes
9-16 FG, 3-7 from 3, 2-2 FT, 23 points, 0 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 turnovers, 2 steals, 1 block in 27 minutes

Those were Rose's lines from game 1 against the Sixers 3 years ago and game 1 against the Bucks. I still don't think the Bulls can go all the way because the front office is too conservative to make small moves that will push them over the top, such as a trade for JR Smith might have been able to do, and because I still don't trust the entire team to stay healthy over the approximate 1.5 months that it takes to win it all. Rose is able to play at the same level as before his injury though, although probably just not as consistently until he gets more games under his belt.
Ok.:unsure

I don't know what one has to do with the other, those comparisons are a bit random.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ok.:unsure

I don't know what one has to do with the other, those comparisons are a bit random.
It was his first playoff game since that one and his stats were nearly identical, if not a bit better, which implies that he can and will be able to play as he used to, perhaps just not as consistently yet.

Cotton

Staff member
Rondo can go to hell for all I care.

Top Bottom