User Tag List

Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: Interesting race topics . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I'm impressed you can admit that Clinton was validly impeached when he broke the law by lying under oath.

I do want to point out that "diddling the intern" is in fact, not just gross, but is actually relevant. Inter-office romances are not appropriate in private companies OR government agencies. If the Mayor of a City was banging his receptionist, or worse, making unwanted sexual advances, that is very, very relevant to the public. Just like a CEO would be forced to resign and may have to face criminal or civil charges for unwanted sexual advances. Maybe the Lewinski thing was consensual, BUT, when a boss has relations with an employee, that is very concerning to the owner of the company because there is liability there; the same holds true for government officials, it's not a license to bang whatever subordinate employees you have on company (government) time. Therefore I do not agree that the scope of the investigation was unwarranted.

Ultimately, his relationship with Lewinski seems like it was consensual and probably wouldn't have been impeachable. But when he lied under oath, bam, he broke the law. He should have been removed from office. The reality is, he should have fessed up to the affair under oath because that's what he was required to do as both an attorney and elected government official, not to mention, as a decent human being telling the truth is the right thing. Once he did that, he almost assuredly would have been forgiven. But he didn't, and should have faced the consequences.

If it's proven that Trump lied under oath, he should also be impeached and removed from office.
    I agree he should have been removed from office. Fair enough on the diddling component. I agree with your point. I just wanted to point out, that isn't why he was impeached, nor was it why he was being investigated originally. Props.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    He said he fired Comey because of Russia on National TV. If he goes down, it will be for obstruction of Justice, and it is all his own doing. The congressional committees lol, come on they are bigger hacks than you.
    Then why hasn’t he been indicted? Firing Comey isn’t obstruction of justice. How do you make that stretch. There are many fingers involved in Comeys demise.
    Since Day One

2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post

And here I was imagining that the craft brew thing was meant for stupid white males who talked about faggy things like lacing and "mouth feel" when drinking a goddamn beer.

2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Uhh... Compete for it the same for everyone? Pretty simple, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Tables, ladders, and chair match?
    #Fire Garrett

But then the Asians would win. We can't let that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    But then the Asians would win. We can't let that.
    I can't help but laugh at the irony of how this is shaking out.

It seems that we would want the best and brightest to ascend to the top, even if they are the wrong minority.

I can't help but laugh at the irony of how this is shaking out.

It seems that we would want the best and brightest to ascend to the top, even if they are the wrong minority.
    Well we need to be sensitive to this. There is still high potential among those with bad test scores. We can't ignore them for the sake of giving the most deserving and hardest working the opportunity unless they fall in the correct minority race.