User Tag List

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Interesting race topics . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    It's because they are referred to as Uncle Tom... or refer to them as whitewashed. But only African Americans can say that.
    I wasn't referring exactly to that comparison. Only the term cracker and nigger and how it's fine to use one but not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Ever notice how it's ok to use a racial slur to describe a white person? If somebody were to say something like 'Why do I get so annoyed when I see a young nigger trying to be white?' all hell would break loose.
    Cracker would be more equivalent to something like blackie, which is perfectly fine when teasing someone IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Cracker would be more equivalent to something like blackie, which is perfectly fine when teasing someone IMO.
    I wonder how long I'd have my teeth if I walked up to a group of black men anywhere and said, "What's up, blackie?"

I wonder how long I'd have my teeth if I walked up to a group of black men anywhere and said, "What's up, blackie?"
    I'd think that context would be important in that situation.

Like here, for example, we are all familiar with each other.

Is cracker offensive to you?

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I'd think that context would be important in that situation.

Like here, for example, we are all familiar with each other.

Is cracker offensive to you?
    No. Not at all. Words do not have the power to decide how I feel about myself.

All I was doing was asking a question. Our society is dead locked neck deep in racial divide that doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was just wondering why it is ok to drop racial slurs towards white people in casual conversation, but if you do the same towards black people you are a racist monster.

6. The following user likes this post:

I wouldn't feel comfortable referring to someone as a blackie either. And I doubt anyone would laugh if I used it in a joke.

All I was doing was asking a question. Our society is dead locked neck deep in racial divide that doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was just wondering why it is ok to drop racial slurs towards white people in casual conversation, but if you do the same towards black people you are a racist monster.
    Well that's certainly true.

Maybe listening to two hours of Ralphie May on the way home last night had an impact on my perspective.

I bet if this country elected an African American president he would do wonders to heal racial tensions.

What’s that? We did that once and he actively stirred racial tensions. Oh.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    This is true in many aspects of our grand PC culture. Words carry zero weight until you give it to them. Same as the word retard. I have a mentally retarded daughter and sometimes I call her a retard because she does retarded ass things. If I did that in public, people would freak the fuck out.

Disclaimer: I also call my son a retard regularly because he does retarded ass things. I don’t discriminate.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

12. The following user likes this post: