Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Ain't no better feeling. :towel
I really hate allergy season.

Makes my eyes watery.

:unsure

Kbrown

Not So New Member
So now Cleveland has the longest streak of not winning the World Series.

2nd place has an asterisk. If you include their time as the Washington Senators it's the Rangers. If not it's the Astros.

I don't.
Cleveland fans can read old news stories, so I consider the Rangers and Astros droughts more significant.

I will hold out hope that my daughter isn't 50 when she puts the video of my celebration on the internet, or whatever form of it we'll have by then.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cleveland fans can read old news stories, so I consider the Rangers and Astros droughts more significant.

I will hold out hope that my daughter isn't 50 when she puts the video of my celebration on the internet, or whatever form of it we'll have by then.
Yep. I can agree with this. All I get to read about is being 1 strike away two different times. Being so close and so much failure.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yep. I can agree with this. All I get to read about is being 1 strike away two different times. Being so close and so much failure.
I think we have a pretty good claim at being the most tortured fan base at this point

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm happy that Jason Heyward won a ring. I thought the Braves gave up on him too quickly. He can be streaky as hell but I still like his style of play.

It was pretty cool to hear the young guys say that Heyward pulled them together during the rain delay and reminded them who they were.

He didn't do shit offensively, but he was vet enough to take his spot in that moment.

I haven't kept up with baseball at all in the last 20 years. It seemed like Maddon got too cute pulling his starter early, but maybe that's the way they play ball now? Dude seemed to be rolling.

At least the curse is over. :towel

Is this real life?

D

Deuce

This was after the game last night. Boy got slept.

I'm not up on my west TX lingo, but is "boy got slept" something you guys really say?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I was scratching my head with Maddon's pitching decisions. He has a quick hook with his starters, but rides Chapman like a rented mule? I thought his decision to work his closer multiple innings when he had a big lead was stupid in game six, and it damn near bit him in the ass last night.

Also, I realize he had Lester in the pen ready to go, but thought he pulled Hendricks way too early. Imo, Hendricks could have finished the fifth (that walk should have been a called 3rd strike to end that inning. Terrible call.) and probably the sixth, too. Lester should have been brought in at the start of an inning. That circus ending to the 5th gave Cleveland the spark they needed to nearly pull that game out.
Right there with you on all of it. In a text thread with a couple friends I said if the Cubs end up losing a lot of it goes squarely on Maddon for how he handled the pitching staff. Fortunately they were able to overcome his mistakes, otherwise he would be getting rightfully roasted in the media today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It was pretty cool to hear the young guys say that Heyward pulled them together during the rain delay and reminded them who they were.

At least the curse is over. :towel
The rain delay that washed the curse away.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I think we have a pretty good claim at being the most tortured fan base at this point
Not to get too existential, but the Rangers and Astros don't even have the mystique and national identity of curses and lovable losers. In 2005, the national narrative clearly centered on the Black Sox and all that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not to get too existential, but the Rangers and Astros don't even have the mystique and national identity of curses and lovable losers. In 2005, the national narrative clearly centered on the Black Sox and all that.
I thought the Astros with their pitching staff had the series for sure.

The very last thing I expected was that they'd get swept.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Congrats, ED.

I actually felt bad for you last night because I thought the Cubs wouldn't be able to bounce back from giving up that lead. I was already thinking of how sick you were going to be this morning, but the Cubs manned up and found a way to win it anyway.

I'm happy for you, man. Enjoy!
I would have been sick. Honestly I thought it was over for the Cubs when Davis hit that HR to tie it up. It just seemed like that was going to be the highlight that would be shown for eternity and that the Indians were destined to win it in the bottom of the 9th. I really do think the rain delay killed the emotional momentum of the Indians and their crowd and allowed the Cubs to reset a little bit.

How about Kyle f'ing Schwarber leading off that 10th with a base hit? What that guy did to come back from that injury for the World Series, then actually play a pivotal role is pretty damn impressive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

It's not even my team, but this gave me chills.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom