User Tag List

Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Not to say I told you so, but, I told you this was eventually going to happen. Folks like Jiggy and a few others though it was ridiculous. A principal is declaring this a necessary thing in a middle school despite parents wishes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/par...134544612.html

God, next thing you know they'll teach people to accept other genders and races. How dare students learn tolerance and undermine their parents bigotry.

Hey Forts. I think your probably a really good guy. But I feel like you've been listening to too much right wing radio. There's not a vast liberal conspiracy for anything, we just want less people to be taught their defective.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    God, next thing you know they'll teach people to accept other genders and races. How dare students learn tolerance and undermine their parents bigotry.
    If I was sending a kid to that school I would probably pissed too. Not because their is anything wrong with tolerance but there is a proper place for these types of things. I don't think spending a week on educating children that being lesbian/gay/transgender is ok, is the appropriate way to do it. Especially when it comes at the cost of actually educating the kids.

4. The following user likes this post:

This does not need a class in school.

The problem is, these classes don't teach acceptance and tolerance, they teach that being white, straight, male, and successful is a crime which you should be ashamed of and which you have to go out of your way to kiss the ass of every minority you meet to make up for a privileged status.

These classes aren't about tolerance, they are about political indoctrination. And the public schools shouldn't be engaging in it.

Just another reason why the public school system needs an overhaul.

7. The following 7 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    The problem is, these classes don't teach acceptance and tolerance, they teach that being white, straight, male, and successful is a crime which you should be ashamed of and which you have to go out of your way to kiss the ass of every minority you meet to make up for a privileged status.

These classes aren't about tolerance, they are about political indoctrination. And the public schools shouldn't be engaging in it.

Just another reason why the public school system needs an overhaul.
    I don't think your 100% off obviously indoctrination is an aspect of all schooling, but let's be honest. Part of the reason that white supremacy was considered a fact, and now is considered an abhorrent is because of the same indoctrination.

Let's also understand that there's so much God damned misinformation out there that having a tolerance class is not a bad thing. You'd be shocked at the weird ignorant shit I've heard gay people spout, about other sexual orientations.

I'd be really interested in where you heard that white successful men are the bad guys in the curriculum. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely an undercurrent of that in the social justice movement. But it's a fringey way the bullies of the movement choose to make up a fake or at least grossly simplified nemesis. It's usually not in the mission statement.

This is done by the same people who want to mandate your children to endure 'sexual education' by the age of 8 from some state-funded pervert.

There is only one solution: Pull your children from the sewer that is the public school before your children have their minds warped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    If I was sending a kid to that school I would probably pissed too. Not because their is anything wrong with tolerance but there is a proper place for these types of things. I don't think spending a week on educating children that being lesbian/gay/transgender is ok, is the appropriate way to do it. Especially when it comes at the cost of actually educating the kids.
    It's simple: You just teach the kids to be respectful of others regardless of differences in beliefs or backgrounds. You can do this without an indoctrination program that promotes homosexuality and gender bending to children.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    This is done by the same people who want to mandate your children to endure 'sexual education' by the age of 8 from some state-funded pervert.

There is only one solution: Pull your children from the sewer that is the public school before your children have their minds warped.
    And do what with them?

Keep one parent at home to home school?

Then the family has to get welfare because one parent working can't pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    It's simple: You just teach the kids to be respectful of others regardless of differences in beliefs or backgrounds. You can do this without an indoctrination program that promotes homosexuality and gender bending to children.
    I agree completely. I don't think you need to spend a week celebrating certain lifestyles. That's ridiculous.

14. The following 3 users like this post: