One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Building a legit team, with a horrific QB. They will go nowhere. The NFL is all about QBs and the Bills have no idea what they are doing there.

I mean why not trade for someone like Chase Daniel instead? At least there is some potential to hit it big with a guy like that. We all know Matt Cassel blows. Does anyone really think EJ Manuel will e respectable?

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Compare this with the Fletcher deal. Now you can truly see the differences between a good franchise and a shitty one.

Cotton

Staff member

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member

Attachments

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: Giants giving former Cowboys DE George Selvie 1-year, $1.4 million deal that includes $200K signing bonus. Reunited with USF teammate JPP.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
@AdamSchefter: Giants giving former Cowboys DE George Selvie 1-year, $1.4 million deal that includes $200K signing bonus. Reunited with USF teammate JPP.
I guess he was going to lose out in the rotation with Hardy/Mincey/Lawrence. Still hope we draft another DE some time in the draft or make it a priority next year

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess he was going to lose out in the rotation with Hardy/Mincey/Lawrence. Still hope we draft another DE some time in the draft or make it a priority next year
I'd like to see at least a middle round pick on a pass rusher. Develop someone for a year. Mincey obviously isn't a long term solution. I'm hopeful Hardy will have a great season and we can sign him to an extension but you never know. I love his talent and the way he plays but there is obviously some risk there. I don't know if a guy like Ben Gardner is really worth developing. With Marinelli you want to keep plenty of guys fresh to rotate through so I think you need 3 really good DEs at all times.

Cotton

Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would have given him that. I'd have liked to have suspension insurance for Hardy.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Eagles may cut Evan Mathis if they can’t trade him

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 24, 2015, 7:44 AM EDT

Chip Kelly may not be done getting rid of the Eagles’ expensive veterans.

Evan Mathis, one of the best guards in the NFL, may get cut if the Eagles can’t trade him, according to Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com.

Kelly has already traded away LeSean McCoy and Nick Foles, allowed Jeremy Maclin to walk in free agency and released Cary Williams, Todd Herremans and Trent Cole. If you’re a veteran player who was on the team before Kelly arrived two years ago, your job isn’t safe in Philadelphia.

The 33-year-old Mathis is still a good player, but his cap hits of $6.5 million this year and $7 million next year appear to be more than Kelly is willing to devote to any guard, even one of the best in the NFL. The flip side is, Mathis has indicated that he thinks he’s underpaid and would like a new contract. So the two sides are clearly far apart in their perceptions of Mathis’s worth.

It might be time for both sides to move on. A conclusion Kelly has reached about many of his players this offseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eagles may cut Evan Mathis if they can’t trade him

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 24, 2015, 7:44 AM EDT

Chip Kelly may not be done getting rid of the Eagles’ expensive veterans.

Evan Mathis, one of the best guards in the NFL, may get cut if the Eagles can’t trade him, according to Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com.

Kelly has already traded away LeSean McCoy and Nick Foles, allowed Jeremy Maclin to walk in free agency and released Cary Williams, Todd Herremans and Trent Cole. If you’re a veteran player who was on the team before Kelly arrived two years ago, your job isn’t safe in Philadelphia.

The 33-year-old Mathis is still a good player, but his cap hits of $6.5 million this year and $7 million next year appear to be more than Kelly is willing to devote to any guard, even one of the best in the NFL. The flip side is, Mathis has indicated that he thinks he’s underpaid and would like a new contract. So the two sides are clearly far apart in their perceptions of Mathis’s worth.

It might be time for both sides to move on. A conclusion Kelly has reached about many of his players this offseason.

The Eagles baffle me. They aren't exactly hard up for cap. Why would you sacrifice a great player like that?

Top Bottom