2015 Draft Pet Cats

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
No time like the present to name your college football pet cats. I'll be updating this pretty often.

DE - Kemoko Turay - Rutgers - Redshirt freshman with 1 year of HS Football experience out of Newark NJ. As soon as this guy learns the playbook he is going to be an absolute monster. 2 sacks vs Washington State in 20 plays on Thursday

Carp

DCC 4Life
Leonard Williams and Randy Gregory.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
WR Devonte Neal of Arizona. I've seen him a few weeks and liked him, but watching roughly 5 minutes of this Arizona/USC Game, he shows unbelievable explosiveness. Would be a great WR #2 or 3 in the NFL, also a great punt returner

Carp

DCC 4Life
QB
Jameis Winston, FSU
Shane Carden, ECU

RB
Todd Gurley, UGA
David Cobb, Minn
Melvin Gordon, Wisc
TJ Yeldon, Ala
Jay Ajayi, Boise
Jeremy Langford, MSU
Kenny Hilliard, LSU
Michael Dyer, Lou

WR
Jaelen Strong, ASU
Sammie Coates, Aub
Duke Williams, Aub
DeVante Parker, Lou
Rashad Greene, FSU
Christian Jones, Ala
Ty Montgomery, Stan

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Marshall hasn't had much for the draft in recent years, but I feel they have a guy who is being overlooked this year.

5'11" 180 lb cornerback Darryl "Swag" Roberts. He was our shutdown guy who always was on the other team's best WR. Of course he was shutting down CUSA guys, but he had a great year.

Now he has proven he is also a pretty great athlete at his pro day.
40 yards - 4.36
Vertical jump - 39-0
Broad jump - 11-4
Pro bench (225-pound reps) - 23

Couldn't find 3 cone drill scores.

I think he's one of those guys like Scandrick who fall through the cracks and can be a real find later in the draft.

I wouldn't mind using a 5th round pick on him.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Marshall hasn't had much for the draft in recent years, but I feel they have a guy who is being overlooked this year.

5'11" 180 lb cornerback Darryl "Swag" Roberts. He was our shutdown guy who always was on the other team's best WR. Of course he was shutting down CUSA guys, but he had a great year.

Now he has proven he is also a pretty great athlete at his pro day.
40 yards - 4.36
Vertical jump - 39-0
Broad jump - 11-4
Pro bench (225-pound reps) - 23

Couldn't find 3 cone drill scores.

I think he's one of those guys like Scandrick who fall through the cracks and can be a real find later in the draft.

I wouldn't mind using a 5th round pick on him.
I just watched a couple of his highlight tapes on youtube. From what I saw he is pretty intriguing. Some positives I took from them are he plays runs/screens exceptionally well. Gets in good position when covering and also in run support. Not afraid to get his hands dirty. It's hard to judge based on the competition he faced, but you can't knock a prospect for that. At 182 lbs I'm afraid hes a little too frail going against bigger competition however. I say that looking at film, but 23 bench press reps of 225 - he's better than everyone invited to the combine but Josh Shaw from USC.

He's not even listed on nfldraftcountdown.com and is listed as a longshot to get drafted, so 5th round would probably be a reach but at that point its a crapshoot anyway. He's a guy to keep tabs on when he joins a team in the NFL

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Marshall whore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marshall whore.
He is definitely a Marshall whore but I'm intrigued after what he wrote about the guy. Especially because you're really taking a flyer with 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks anyway.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Marshall pro day: Under-the-radar CB catches scouts' attention

Marshall pro day: Under-the-radar CB catches scouts' attention

By Gil Brandt

Twelve players worked out at Marshall's pro day, which brought out 11 NFL teams, and two of the prospects posted some eye-catching numbers.

Running indoors on Field Turf, cornerback Darryl Roberts clocked times of 4.39 and 4.36 in the 40-yard dash, including a 1.48 10-yard split. He also had a 39-inch vertical and 11-1 broad jump. He ran a 4.08 short shuttle and 6.66 3-cone drill, and had 23 bench-press reps. He had an excellent workout, and a number of teams will be bringing him in for interviews after his pro day. He could be a sixth- or seventh-round pick.

James Rouse (6-foot-4 5/8, 277 pounds) played defensive tackle in college but figures to move to defensive end in the NFL. He's a very strong player, as he proved by posting 38 bench-press reps, which was better than any prospect at this year's combine. Rouse also posted times of 4.89 and 4.89 in the 40 and had a 26-inch vertical, a 9-7 broad jump, a 4.70 short shuttle and a 7.56 3-cone drill. He's likely to be a priority free agent.

D

Deuce

Breshad Perriman ran back to back 4.26 40's at UCF Pro Day. One scout claims he clocked him at 4.15.

BOOM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Breshad Perriman ran back to back 4.26 40's at UCF Pro Day. One scout claims he clocked him at 4.15.

BOOM!
All the stud WRs in this draft kind of makes me wish we had a bigger need there.

D

Deuce

All the stud WRs in this draft kind of makes me wish we had a bigger need there.
Ranell Hall ran 4.41 and 4.47 which made me just as happy as Perriman's times. Hall is my favorite player of the group and will be a good late round pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

BOOM!
He will get overdrafted. Probably pushed him ahead of Parker for the third WR spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think we might look at one, but only at a guy who can sort of take Harris' role as RS and ST guy.

Kenny Bell is a player that could fit that role later on.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bud Dupree, DE Kentucky
Jay Ajayi, RB Boise St.
Malcom Brown, DT Texas
Eric Kendricks, LB UCLA
Eddie Goldman, DT FSU
Stephone Anthony, LB Clemson
Paul Dawson, LB TCU
Laken Tomlinson, OG Duke
Nate Orchard, DE Utah
Carl Davis, DT Iowa
Michael Bennett, DT Ohio St.
Cody Prewitt, S Mississippi
Mario Edwards Jr., FSU
David Johnson, RB Northern Iowa
Damarious Randall, S Arizona St.
Chris Hackett, S TCU
Za'Darius Smith, DE Kentucky
Ereck Flowers, OT Miami
Grady Jarrett, DT Clemson
Trey Flowers, DE Arkansas
Marcus Hardison, DT Arizona St.
Jamison Crowder, WR Duke
Jordan Hicks, LB Texas
Kenny Bell, WR Nebraska
Tyler Lockett, WR Kansas St.
Ramik Wilson, LB Georgia
Ray Drew, DE Georgia
Vince Mayle, WR Washington St.
Ty Montgomery, WR Stanford
Stefon Diggs, WR Maryland
Quandre Diggs, CB Texas
Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor
Damian Swann, CB Georgia
Daryl Williams, OT Oklahoma
Donovan Smith, OT Penn St.
Anthony Chickillo, DE Miami
Gabe Wright, DT Auburn
Darius Philon, DT Arkansas
Darius Kilgo, DT Maryland

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Cody Riggs from UF/ND. Smallish but athletic and smart, could be a good pickup as a slot guy in the later rounds.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Too short for Dallas' tastes.
Probably but he does play bigger than his size and I just think he's well suited as an overlooked 3rd/4th/slot CB option late. He's probably the type that NE would take a flyer on.

FWIW, he's the only "ND" guy I would take a look at this year. I think Koyack has potential but we have no need for another TE. One of the suspended players from last season is a linebacker with decent size that had a pretty good pro day, running a sub-4.6 forty but there's a reason he never became a mainstay as a starter even before he was suspended.

Top Bottom